• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone going to the 2019 Mopar Car Show and Swap Meet in Ocala this Weekend?

ChargerPilot

Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else going to the 32nd Annual Sunshine State Mopar Car Show and Swap Meet this weekend (November 9 & 10, 2019) Ocala, Fl. My son and I will be making our annual pilgrimage to the show. PM me if you want to meet and talk MOPARS.

I'll be in the swap area sat morning walking around looking for parts. I am so busy looking for stuff I don't even get to see all the cars. Got some good deals last year.

Stop by and say hello at the Restoration Parts and Materials tent. I will have a wide assortment of reproduction restoration parts to check out. Even if you do not need anything, stop by and introduce yourself.

We will be there from noon on Friday through Sunday afternoon. Safe travels to everyone.

I had planned on going this year but was relegated to Baby sitting Saturday night for my Grandson. I went two years ago, wind up meeting 3 guys from my neighbor hood, and enjoyed it very much. I got a chance to go to Garlits Museum while I was there. Its an 1100 mile trip so almost need 2 Days down there.

Went last year, not making it this year, had a great time,

We are positioned in spots 0 through 2 in the very first row on the West side of the swap meet. I have not seen any row destinations. Shouldn't be too difficult to find me. A white Pro Master van with four blue Ez-up style tents and the reproduction parts.

Went to the Show this weekend. On Saturday all the car groups were mixed up and you had no idea what other cars were in your class to vote on so we picked the first 3 we came across. Got parked in the dirt and it was windy and dusty. Otherwise the cars were fun to look at and met up with old friends. Swap area was all spread out because of vacant spots everywhere. Found a few neat parts I could use. Food vendor was v---e---r---y slow. 25 minutes waiting to order another 15 to get the food. With no street traffic or visitors, this should be a picnic for car people and ditch the whole show concept. Have it catered and feed everyone. People were friendly and my date did love the ice cream!

Went to the Show this weekend. On Saturday all the car groups were mixed up and you had no idea what other cars were in your class to vote on so we picked the first 3 we came across. Got parked in the dirt and it was windy and dusty. Otherwise the cars were fun to look at and met up with old friends. Swap area was all spread out because of vacant spots everywhere. Found a few neat parts I could use. Food vendor was v---e---r---y slow. 25 minutes waiting to order another 15 to get the food. With no street traffic or visitors, this should be a picnic for car people and ditch the whole show concept. Have it catered and feed everyone. People were friendly and my date did love the ice cream!
This about how I felt about the event. I thought it was under promoted. A lot of vendors didn't show. The cars were all mixed up. The car owners were putting their cars in the wrong categories. Like entering the original class, when the car clearly has a chromed out engine, aftermarket wheels, etc. The organizers were few, with little direction on where to park. You would think after all these years, including when it was at Garlits place, that it would be well sorted.

From my understanding, there will be a Garlits show next year at the museum and another show put on by current group I guess back at the horse park. I heard this from several vendors. If this does come to be, then I do not see either side winning this bickering battle.

This is my third time attending the event and it seems to be declining each year. Even though I though the foot traffic was ok on Saturday, it was basically non-existent on Sunday. Others thought that it was off on Saturday as well. Some was blaming the slight overcast on hurting the Saturday turnout, but I cannot see that.

I know that I spoke to a gentleman from Canada and another from Indiana attending the event. Both were very disappointed with the show.

As was mentioned above, signage getting you to the show is not in place. The port-a-johns were pathetic. No where near enough trash cans. But I did exceed my expectations on sales for the weekend, so that was a huge plus.

I would love to see the show continue to be a main stay for the Mopar world here in the deep South. Unfortunately, if two shows go up against each other on back to back weekends, then expect to see this event suffer on both dates.

Too many control freaks. I haven't done the Garlits Museum show since the split. How is it?

Auto Transport Service
Back