• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone got a line on rear bumper fillers, side pieces?

idrivemopar

Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a line on a set of left and right rear bumper fillers from 73/74 satellite/Roadrunner. I should have snapped up a set a few years back when I saw them all over the place, now they are gone, and just missed a couple of opportunities. So, if you know a source or have a set you will part with, let me know, looking for a set that is salvageable, which is asking a lot!

good luck if you find any repops let me know, been looking for a set for 3 years

I need a set as also if three set come up as well as the center section

Bruce

Restoration specialties is was supposed to have the center section available this week, but there was a problem with the material they used to make them, and they didn't come out right, so hopefully they will have another batch soon! They have me on back order, so at least that part should be available, call them and order one, maybe it will speed up their process for getting more in, but who knows, could end up being a wild goose chase.

Dave has told me they have tooling in process we will see
call and ask it my help

from my emails read bottom to top

tooling in process. not available until spring

----- Original Message -----
To: "David Mihalko" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:24:41 AM
Subject: Re: A new customer has requested info from you.

do you have any plans to be able to supply the two ends as I know lots of
other people are looking for them

Thanks Bruce

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: A new customer has requested info from you.

i can do center only at this time

Restoration specialties is was supposed to have the center section available this week, but there was a problem with the material they used to make them, and they didn't come out right, so hopefully they will have another batch soon! They have me on back order, so at least that part should be available, call them and order one, maybe it will speed up their process for getting more in, but who knows, could end up being a wild goose chase.

You might try Bill at [email protected]. I bought the front filler from him, excellent quality. He was looking into rear sections at that time.

There's a set on the car at the local junkyard, but you pretty much have to take the bumper off to get them, which makes it hard.

I was going to buy the center strip, but I'm 6'6" and hate bending over to see where the filler neck is when I get gas. With the strip missing I can look down through the gap to see where it is, which makes my life happier. :)

Just bumping this thread again.

Still in search of the side fillers for the rear bumper with no luck and its the last thing I need for the car. Doesn't look like anyone is willing to spend on tooling for these so looks like new are out of the question still. Finding a set of used/restorable ones seems impossible at the moment as well.

anyone else have any news here?

ok I was trying to load these for Idrivemopar in private message but it wouldn't let me load them there. So now that everyone can see them..this is what I have. I don't need them anymore as I narrowed my bumper. asking price? what do you feel they are worth? I'm not out to make a bunch of money but just to help fellow mopar people. 009.jpg003.jpg001.jpg

Interesting.

Mine are silver.

I will gladly take those off your hands, PM sent. Let me know your price.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting.

Mine are silver.

Easy to fix with some paint as I will be painting my new center section argent silver anyway!

Wonder if it was a trim level or plant deal...

Mine are gray plastic painted argent.

Hey idrive...maybe these are the ones to use for making more of them? (If it is not to costly.)

Just thought I would post up what the bumper fillers look like now, these are the ones I got from 73rattler, pictured above. Not 100% perfect, but pretty damn good I think, and should be good to go on the car once the paint fully cures. They are painted a light silver/grey, not quite original color but should be ok.

20140510_195126small.jpg
20140510_195146small.jpg

Just saw this post. There were 10 sets of reproduction ones on Ebay last week for sale. I purchased a set and they arrived a couple of days ago. Look very nice but were not cheap. Maybe the guy who had them is now making them and will list some more real soon

could you post the link or info so we can find as I need a set as well
Bruce

Auto Transport Service
Back