• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have experience with PG Classic?

idrivemopar

Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Anyone make purchases from PG Classic restoration? Just curious, they seem to have the best price on seat buns for 72-74 buckets. Just wanted to know if they are a good company to deal with and how is their quality.

thanks

I believe B/E and A is a US dist for them. beaparts.com I did not have good luck with PG when I bought door handles for a 66 coronet. 66 and 67 not the same as 68-70. PG still lists them as same even after I showed them pictures of the difference.

I checked with beaparts guy, Mike, he said that PG classics E body seat buns were not correct, so he is not carrying any of their stuff now. Good to know and thanks for the tip, now i question whether or not to just have the upholstry shop remake new ones based on the old ones in the seats rather then buy and possibly be stuck with something that does not work.

I bought two dash pads from P&G and didn't have any problems.

Sorry man but Legendary does not offer 72 & up foam.
I also am in search of a set.

I bought both the seat foam (front buckets) and all seat covers for my 1970 road runner and they were a perfect match. No complaints at all for that order from PG Classic.

-=Photon440=-

How about PUI anyone used thiers on a 72-74?
They seem to be the only other competitor. Hell they are probably all made by the same company in China

Can't speak for PUI as far as where it's made but their stuff is inferior to Legendary's US made products.

The 72 seat buns have the spring I believe interlaced with the foam.

You are right about the co-molded seat buns on the button rype seat covers used on some 72 and a lot of 73/74. and nobody makes them with the wire frame co-molded in the foam. so for my 74 I am going with the horizontzl ribbed pattern from legendary and pui foam. some of the reasons are service life. I have heard of some of the buttons comming off the new repo covers and after much studt I think that could easily be the case 1st the old style button had a string that went all the way through the foam and was tied on the back side of the inner wire frame on the foam. No wire=nothing to tie around, various mfrs say they now have metal prongs that push through and fold over, kind of like on a manilla envelope. Me thinks that's a bad idea. I dont want to pay a bundle and have a button snag and come out. Different pattern, no button should eliminate the problem. Personally? I will not buy anything from PG, I have heard too much bad about them and i would rather see the profit made off the cheep junk stay in America. All things being equal I will buy American every chance I get. Not to say that PUI is any kind of high quality, first hand I know it is not. I have recd pi** poor pruducts from them and REM I avoid both like the plague INHMO pg is right there with them if not a step below. I wish someone will make good OEM quality parts.
Legendary Is a good company but even there You may want to ask them if the item you are wanting is one made by them or from an outside vendor. Been down that road too. I ordered a console it took them 3 months to get it here and it came from TONY's, I could have got it from them in two weeks..
Mabey I'm too picky but I really do not like to pay for and do things twice

I hear you on the quality thing! It is difficult to find someone that makes good reproduction 73/74 parts. With that said, Palco has door panels and seat backs that appear to be much better the Accuform, theirs are just terrible, and Metroparts is now making seat backs that are suppose to be much better than anybody.

Regarding the seat foam, the buttons on the 73/74 attach to a rod that lays on top of the seat foam, which should have a channel, this rod on correct seat covers goes into a sleeve that is attached to the seat covers. Legedary has the correct ones and they use heavier material as well. I will be sending my cheap covers back and going with Legendary, plus they are doing my upper panels and i would like those to at least match the seats.

I find it interesting that my seat buns are not co-mingled/molded with the wire frame, they appear to just slip over the frame. Maybe the PG ones are correct for my seats. I need new ones, as my frames have rust, which is all over the foam. No sense in putting new seat covers on top of rusty foam!

Well I got my PUI seat foam in today and contrary to what both PUI and legendary told me they actually DO have the wire down inside the foam for the buttons or sleeves. Now th find someone in the Fort Worth dallass area to assemble. :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back