• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Have to Deal with Stuck Seat Belt?

Dibbons

Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
Re: '72 SSP
I cleaned up my seat belts, left them extended for a couple of days to make sure they were good and dry. Sprayed a little WD-40 inside the housing that locks them up and retracts them.

Installed one male ended one (with the plastic housing and retractor) in the rear passenger side last week. Yesterday, I pulled on it to make sure it was working, and it only pulls out about half way. Messed with it over and over again, but the stubborn thing won't cooperate.

Went back to the garage to test the other side which is still not installed, and it works just fine. Anyone deal with this issue before? Thank you.

DSC05938.JPG

I have the same problem with my 94 Caravan drivers side. I fiddle farted around with it bastard forever, couldn't figure it out to fix it. Said screw it and when to the yard and got a used one that worked. Installed it and the same problem? Go figure? It's still borked up, I just deal with it even though it's a PITA. Sorry that I can't be of more help, just moral support. Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back