• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone in Lancaster PA check a car for me?

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm considering a car sight unseen, but this is exactly what I have been looking for in a buyer's frenzy Charger market. If you are near this dealer in Lancaster, PA perhaps you can check it out for me?

2019 Used Dodge Charger R/T RWD at Autohaus Lancaster, Inc., PA, IID 21939955

I have contacted the dealer for shipping quotes and a 1 year extended warranty. Also asking for underbody pictures. The dealer has good feedback ratings. The price seems very reasonable to me. Thanks!

Never mind. Spoke with the dealer this morning. They were very polite and informed me that 5 people are interested in the car and "it will probably sell this week".

I just need to lay low and buy a Grand Marquis to get me through this 'last call' buying frenzy.

Never mind. Spoke with the dealer this morning. They were very polite and informed me that 5 people are interested in the car and "it will probably sell this week".

I just need to lay low and buy a Grand Marquis to get me through this 'last call' buying frenzy.
I kind of expected this to happen, so I laid back on responding to your post. My wife's younger sister bought a Mazda Miata from that dealer about a decade back, after searching around the region for several months. They had by far the best car at the best price.

Next time tell then you're one of those "trans youtube influencers" and get first dibs because they wouldn't want to look like transphobes.
:lol:

BTW Lemon Squad seems to be a nice service. Was going to use them for this car $199.

This one is a little closer...
20230524_103721.jpg

Put a refundable deposit on the car.
Have someone look it over and if it checks out buy it.

Put a refundable deposit on the car.
Have someone look it over and if it checks out buy it.
Dealer didn't seem too interested in working with me. They were very polite and we had a nice discussion about buying remotely and LX cars in general. Seems one of the people interested is near pulling the trigger today or tomorrow.

I am not used to buying a car in this market 'environment'. Seems the dealer are doing you a favor by selling you a car. The dealer in Lancaster still has the Charger, and they just don't want to sell me this car. I called Saturday morning and asked if the car was still available and if 'any of the five people had placed a deposit'. The salesman said something like "this is a weekend when many people are moving rather than buying cars". I'm done! I'll buy a Grand Marquis off craigslist and let everyone over pay for LX cars.

Last edited:
To me that “already 5 people interested” in it is just car talk to make you pull the trigger and pay full asking price and if ain’t, I wouldn’t care either way. The car market has really slowed down, especially with climbing interest rates. We were going to buy a Wagoneer. They were setting every where. I started to do a little research on them and man the problems they are having. My wife ended up buying a New Mercedes and the dealership I went to wanted our business. Probably the best experience I’ve ever had buying a new car.

I mentioned earlier that wife’s sister bought a car from that dealer. She got the same line, but we were face to face and had a cashier check made out for what we were willing to pay. They took it.

Pleasantly surprised to get an email saying the car is available and they would gladly accept an offer. They even agreed to a refundable deposit if the inspection report is not to my liking.

Best shipping quote is Montway Enclosed at a cash price of $1889. Lemon Squad is $199. I pay a usage tax on an assessment when I register it in Arizona. Their fees are document and temp tags (which they have not disclosed, yet).

One way flights are $490 at best to Harrisburg. It's 2290 miles of driving. I think shipping is the safest bet.

Going to sleep on it and when (or if) I wake up tomorrow decide on making an offer.

If you wait about 44 days to fly into Harrisburg you can hang out with us afterwards at the tent in Carlisle.

Auto Transport Service
Back