• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone in Phoenix, Surprise AZ that knows this car?

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Hello: Seriously considering driving up from Tucson to look at this car:

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

I called, but the seller does not give me much to go on other than 'an expert took it to metal and the paint is just fantastic'. Checking to see if anyone knows of the car.

I'll also take the opinions. Start throwing the darts!

No pictures of the engine compartment, so unsure of the firewall. But Chrysler never built a 440 four speed car with air conditioning. So has the dash been changed or does the firewall and floor pan show it to be an AC car or a four speed???

No pictures of the engine compartment, so unsure of the firewall. But Chrysler never built a 440 four speed car with air conditioning. So has the dash been changed or does the firewall and floor pan show it to be an AC car or a four speed???
YEP you and several other have pointed this out. No fender tag. The seller said "....if we had the fender tag the asking price would be $135,000...."
They have owned this car 20 years. Just not much information given.

She's a weird one. Like why does it have the reverse indicator if the dash was changed.

Not a bad looking car, but not sure how authentic it is. Maybe a combination of 2 or more cars. Automatic shift column in a 4 speed car. Its got a Dana 60 though! I guess you would have to check it out yourself, but $35k may not be a bad price for it if it checks out and runs well. Just my opinion.

That car is not far from me but I have never seen it. Paint looks faded like a true desert car. Probably no rust anywhere if it is a true desert car.

That car is not far from me but I have never seen it. Paint looks faded like a true desert car. Probably no rust anywhere if it is a true desert car.
I questioned the paint fades and was told 'it is absolutely fantastic'. She went on to say 'you know, old school paint needs buffing now and then'. The phone number is no longer in the ad? I sent an email asking for more information.

In the pic showing the 4-speed and removed parts, there is also a manual steering column laying there. Maybe it is an original stick car. The only problem with that though is like stated above, no 440 4-speed could be bought with AC. Another possibility is that it is not really an R/T and someone just swapped in the Dana? Did you get the VIN #?

In the pic showing the 4-speed and removed parts, there is also a manual steering column laying there. Maybe it is an original stick car. The only problem with that though is like stated above, no 440 4-speed could be bought with AC. Another possibility is that it is not really an R/T and someone just swapped in the Dana? Did you get the VIN #?
I have requested the VIN through email.

You know these CL adds don't stay up forever. Please post pics!

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T - $35,000 (Surprise)

After 23 years of ownership, we've decided to pass her on to someone else to enjoy. The original 440 Magnum engine was rebuilt less than 5000 miles ago, auto trans rebuilt and has around 1000 miles. The engine has a custom bell housing mated to a 47 RH automatic trans from a 91 Dodge pickup, however, the original 4 speed trans and all the parts original to the car will go with it. She's not perfect, but if she was, the price would reflect that as well. This car will never depreciate.

00101_eUUE9MAnmxkz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00p0p_ewnCTSJmgpkz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00i0i_3pQvJD5sGnqz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00x0x_3BhuIslvqjmz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00r0r_5SBvkwkTZrJz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00H0H_dRdTkUzxr4Pz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
01616_7PBFjVY0WTez_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00s0s_cL8oFH1l1LGz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00505_iU8zYlCA5jaz_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_3GKtSMRWIAKz_0d40hq_600x450.jpg

So....did she get it in a divorce or did her husband pass on?
I hate to say it, but the car coupled with her apparent attitude is telling me "leave it for the next one".

I wonder how many R/T's had a Rallye dash? I know it was optional, but I can't remember ever seeing one.

None of my business because I’m not in the neighborhood - but I think Bill is going a round a bout way of not outright asking if a member in the area would take a look at it for him prior to his making the trip. I’ve done it several times for guys. And would do it every time I could.

Call me stupid if you want - but how does an original 4 speed car go to becoming an auto on the column? I’m far from an expert on nuances but I’m scratching my head on that part. It’s the how/why/what for - the whole nine yards. If you wanted to go auto - why not the council shift. Three on the tree……meh

Would be nice if there were a better picture of the floor tunnel. Someone has gone to a great effort to not make this a four-speed car. Missing tags would be a no go. But I have seen column shift bucket seat cars before.
Would not the vin shed some light here?

Auto Transport Service
Back