• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone in the Pittsburgh, PENNSYLVANIA area have extra set of 71 B body 11” brake drums???

SuperBeeFan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Looking to see if any members have 71 B-Body 11 inch extra drums with lug studs available? Don’t need to be perfect but am moving a car that has brake shoes stuck to the drums. Need to move the car to ship in order to roll. Existing owner has tried spraying penetrating fluid and pulling with a truck, but won’t give. Not sure if 70 B oft or 68-69 11 inch will fit 71 backing plate-spindle. If that works, the just would need reverse thread lug nuts if needed.

Concerned that existing drums may crack so want to have extra for each side in case. possible Thanks for help!

Love 4 Mopar

I’m 30 miles north of Pittsburgh in Cranberry. Might have a set from a 70. Can’t check til tomorrow around 5:00 ish.

Love4Mopar,
Look up a MOPAR expert by the name of Curt Lichtenfels has tons of NOS Mopar parts He use to live in Penn Hills. Another possible contact is Jim Kramer of Kramer Automotive Specialties in Herman Pa, just south of Butler Google him...has a web site and tons of NOS Mopar stuff and possibly Lou Hudichek near the Butler exit of the Pa turnpike....many new and used B body stuff..not sure if he has a web site...look up the number in the phone book. I've used them all. Maybe Wally Allen at Allen's Drive Line Services also in Herman Pa off of Renneck Road, he specializes in Mopar restorations and has rebuilt the Dana 60 and A833 trans and clutch in my RS23V0A GTX.....HIGHLY recommended. He maybe able to help in your quest. Let us know how you make out.....I use to live in Monroeville Pa....
Bob Renton

Hello and thank you for feedback from dla4567 & Bob Renton! I will know more how things will turn out tomorrow night and may need them.

Appreciate everything and Happy to be a Dodge owner again!

Love4Mopar

Sorry, the ones I have are 10”.
Kramer’s would be a good place to start though.
Good luck.

Possibly consider YearOne or Herb's parts (has web site) or Tony's parts (has web site) or a fellow in Rhode Island (can't remember his name).....all not in the 'Burg but if they have what you need....Why not...and there is Rock Auto but likely is Chinese stuff.....CAVIET Emptor...
Bob Renton

Isnt it possible to grind the heads of the brake shoe pins off from the backing plates & pull it apart? I know its a little work but sounds like even with parts you'd still have to get it to roll so you'd still hafta disassemble everything...

Hello Grabbergreendream,

Thanks for the information and insight.
That’s definitely what will try to do 1st.
Appreciate the help.

Love4Mopar

Possibly consider YearOne or Herb's parts (has web site) or Tony's parts (has web site) or a fellow in Rhode Island (can't remember his name).....all not in the 'Burg but if they have what you need....Why not...and there is Rock Auto but likely is Chinese stuff.....CAVIET Emptor...
Bob Renton

Appreciate you checking RJRenton and will try grinding or drilling shoes keeper pin backs from backing plate 1st. Appreciate all the help and insights.

Love4mopar

Auto Transport Service
Back