• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know of good deals on PowerMaster Alternators?

VitaMeVas

Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm going to be rewiring my 68 Plymouth Satellite and want to buy a Power Master 8-48529 (aluminum 165 amp dual pulley) Alternator. They run around $265 on Amazon, Summit and Jegs. Anyone know of any deals or forum member benefits for a better deal? Like anyone... every few bucks I can save here goes back into the kitty for more parts later. And before anyone asks....yes I want dual pulley, no I don't want black or chrome, and yes I want a high amp alternator. Thanks

I have a new powermaster in box that I would like to sell....I will check part number and get back to you.

Update: The alternator I have new in box is actually a Tuff Stuff 7509 RESP 100A single pulley unit. I will post in for sale section. If interested reach out to me.

Last edited:
Not to sure about "Powermaster" I bought one of there starters and it's a piece of crap. It just blew up. I sent it back to them and instead of giving me a new starter they rebuilt the one I had and sent it back to me (for mega $$). The starter still has broken parts and is still a piece of crap. If I could get my money back I would be happy...

They always have the excuse that the engine must have back fired while cranking which wipes out the starter bending and armature? Which voids out any warranty.

Auto Transport Service
Back