• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone know of good quality trim clips for my 66 charger?

Jamesjames

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Need the trim clips that hold on the trim for the top of the doors and top of the fenders. I saw some on ebay, but they are terrible quality.

I have tried many sources of clips and found inconsistencies and poor quality with most. Mega parts make's the only set of clips that match the original fender and door top clips. There are also 3 styles of clips used on the fender top trim from the front trim extension to the rear of the doors. there is no one making the plastic clips with the stud, instead they substitute a metal spring clip that works well. The only clips I will ever use on my cars will come from Mega parts. Also they are the only company that makes a set specifically for the 66-67 Charger fender and door top complete set.

I have the old plastic stud clips with the weird one, plastic piece sticking up? I am using the new Spring Clip. Word of Caution: If you are using the Spring Clip remember they Rust and they rust Quickly and will leave Rust in your paint even the painted style rusts within a year. So I cut that Styrofoam stuff I cut Circular tabs with hole for stud from styrofoam and tucked the Styrofoam tabs into the Moulding so the metal to metal contact is stopped and no rust!

Auto Transport Service
Back