• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know the name of this part?

MGKelly

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
On a 70 RR, Located on the front left side, near where the firewall and frame rail meet.
I might have to cut it out, can't get a good hold on it and won't budge.

thanks, Joe

right_part.jpg

Frame side ball stud for your z-bar.

Heat the nut with aN acetylene torch and let it cool, then it comes right off. Propane torch does nothing.

I thought the frame ball stud was welded on? When I converted my 70 RR to a 4 speed, mine was welded on.

Nope.......nut attaches it to the bracket which is welded on to the inner frame rail structure.

Nope.......nut attaches it to the bracket which is welded on to the inner frame rail structure.
I stand corrected. Now I remember it was the bracket that needed to be welded on.

On a 70 RR, Located on the front left side, near where the firewall and frame rail meet.
I might have to cut it out, can't get a good hold on it and won't budge.

thanks, Joe

View attachment 994226[/QUOT
Is the car an automatic? Looking at the pitting, that pivot ball has been exposed to the weather for quite some time. I've never seen that much corrosion if it is inside the "Z" bar

It's a 4 speed and been exposed awhile. I got it out, it's still solid but needs to be replaced.

Auto Transport Service
Back