• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone need a vintage Mopar car hauler?

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
What a friggin tank. My body aches just thinking about how much work that this would be to drive.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183953813100?ul_noapp=true

They lowered the price 10K this time around.

Imagine pulling into the car show with that rig!

Eagle Field, a cool old air field. Been there. Unpaved, dusty as hell. Raced there.

screw that I've been there & done that never again, I'll take my new diesel with ac any day over that!!!

Interior by Evel Knievel :rolleyes:

Last edited:
screw that I've been there & done that never again, I'll take my new diesel with ac any day over that!!!
The suspension would be the worst part but air ride would be a nice upgrade. A B series Cummins would be plenty for that rig. A 60 series Detroit would be sweet if you wanted to make it like a semi.

The suspension isnt really to bad when it's loaded but to me the worst parts where with mine & my buddies enclosed hauler was the steering mainly the turning radius & the seats if your tall they give the sitting on milk crates effect these trucks are really a work out to drive mentally & physically.

Don't get me wrong if I had deep pockets I'd take one thats been retrofitted on a new diesel chassis with ac in a heart beat. but the old original ones no thanks I really don't know how the racers did it back then after a long day of racing let alone with usually two cars loaded & a bunch of parts.

Be a cool addition to the collection... and no different than driving my old milk truck back in 1978 ! King pins rule... LOL

Recently drove a Hino 268 flat bed that had an automatic, PS, AC etc......and it was riding on leaf springs. Sure glad it had the air ride seat but even that wasn't good enough! Sold it for a buddy of mine and probably only drove it 30 miles to get it to my place and that was 29 too many!

I'd like to have the property that beast is sitting on.. nice looking garages

I like it and would love to own it. Have no idea where I would keep it. Come on who doesn't think that is way to cool!! Although enclosed would be more my cup of tea. The price is fair enough, in my opinion.

Auto Transport Service
Back