• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone running 16inch wheels?

NMike

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
i want to keep my steel wheels and dog dish caps. cant find any 17inch steel wheels, but i have found 16inch. just wondering what size and backspace that fits. 69 charger BTW

Material does not change back spacing. I would look up the weight of the steel wheels. Yet are bound to be pretty heavy which will hurt braking. It will also hurt acceleration but most of us don't have an issue with not enough torque.

I use 16x8 WheelVintiques steelies on the back of my '76 Cordoba with 265/60 BFG Radial T/As (unfortunatlely discontinued). I believe they have 4.5" of backspacing, probably be about the same for your Charger. I use 15x7s up front w 245/60s. WheelVintiques used to offer 17" steelies, but I couldnt get the Radial T/As I wanted in a 17" so I compromised by staggering the 15s and 16s. Stock hubcaps will NOT fit thier Smoothies...I painted mine black and use quality chrome lugnuts for flash.

A lot of people tell me they remember seeing those (Cordobas) running NASCAR, although that never really happened...its just a vibe they get from the car that sets off false memories I guess. I used to get the same comments with my '69 300...it had black steelies too.

Auto Transport Service
Back