• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running a crossram on their '62?

66/440

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
If you have a crossram on your '62 would you be kind enough to give the measurement from the manifold's rear passenger side and drivers side to firewall? I will have some engine set back in my project and my body guy is going to work on my firewall to add clearance. Engine is not in car yet so I need a benchmark to start from.

You might do something like I did, on my 64. Granted, I used the 64's original K-frame, big block. I was mainly checking motor mounts, since a 69 440/67 727/ w/ a stock crossram, was getting shoved in the hole.

I did a dry fit, dropping the bare block and rebuilt trans into place. It will be real easy, to slip your crossram on top of the block, and get all the measurements you need.

Think the 413 was the motor of the day, for 62s. Good luck!

2"pass side, 9 1/2"drivers side. That is measuring from the intake freeze plug boss that is the closest part of the manifold to the firewall. 62 Belvedere.
20190612_111626_resized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back