• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone see a problem with this sites VIN info?

yes..they claim H code as 426...it was in 1966 satellite/coronet. H code in 67 is 383 4 barrel

G code in 67 was 383 2 barrel....383 2 barrel was not offered in 66..rather a 361 2 barrel was.

Those are pretty common errors.

In fact the 66 Plymouth FSM has errors with respect to 273/318/361/383 engine VIN codes!

What about this little tid bit? IMG_8472.jpg

This book has a lot of info and not just on mopars,it has Amc,Buick,Chevy,Chrysler,Dodge,Ford,Mercury,Oldsmobile,Plymouth and Pontiac.IMG_8473.jpg

yes..they claim H code as 426...it was in 1966 satellite/coronet. H code in 67 is 383 4 barrel

G code in 67 was 383 2 barrel....383 2 barrel was not offered in 66..rather a 361 2 barrel was.

I know were talking about B bodies but....

in 66 the 383-2bbl was offered in C bodies but not B bodies. Both the 2bbl and 4bbl code as "G" in the VIN. That's why you have to know the entire VIN for a '66 383 car to know if it was a 2 or 4bbl. You have to know if it's a B or C body to know if it's a 2 or 4 bbl. They fixed that problem in 67 with G and H codes.

In the chart VH Signet is spelled wrong.
They list a 67 Road Runner.
67 Barracudas are BH not BP
PS Sport Fury 2 Dr HT is wrong. Sport Furys were PH VINed. What is missing is the 29 designation for the PH29 Sports Fury Fast top.

The letter/engine chart is formatted wrong. If you take into account a C code being a special order six, not a 273, and shift all of the engines down one row in the same column, then the letter to CID make sense but the rows for the J, K and L engines are not on the grid. There is no "I" used for engine designation.
...My 2cents....

But they are right about 67 Hemi Satellites being rare and not even acknowledged by Chrysler until the 1990's.

Auto Transport Service
Back