• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone seen this before???

Sedbld

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
3DCC8749-3CC5-4508-95F2-C8FF600C46C4.jpeg
C419D318-4803-4755-875E-D2471C1F11AF.jpeg
Anyone seen or notice this before???
Part of caliper piston not touching anything?

Have a 69 Bee that was swapped to small front discs with K/H pin style calipers with the large 2.75 piston. Part of the caliper piston doesn’t have any brake pad to touch. Maybe 1/5 of the piston is exposed. It has auto parts store brake pads which I have looked at several sets from different years and models and they all are the same size.

I am swapping over to the larger 11.75 rotors and brackets and it still ends up in the same place. Still has part of the piston showing.

I thought years ago that there was a brake pad that had a hump in the middle of the pad for the larger calipers. But I can’t find any info on this and that was many brake jobs

Anyone know if this is normal or am I missing something here?????

Most likely normal. Way back I remember being able to put a screwdriver between the pad and piston to push the piston back before removing the caliper.

What caliper bracket/knuckle are you using? Seems something is off in the caliper mounting.

This from Mopar Action disc swap. Tell what cars pieces came of, hope it helps.
disco.jpg
disc5.PNG

Thanks fellas I thought that it was normal but my memory still tells me that there was a different shaped pad for back in the day. Maybe what I am thinking of was used on a B van or a D100 truck or maybe just I’m just crazy. Would think that MaMopar would have used the entire piston surface to contact the pad but they are Stellantis now so they have made some mistakes lol. Thanks dadsbee for the pics definitely shows the exact same

Auto Transport Service
Back