• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use frame caps?

jeryst

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I've been looking at a project car that needs rear frame rails and a torsion bar mount, and I was wondering if anyone has used frame caps and what your opinion is of them. The good, the bad, the ugly, so to speak.

Typically when you need framerail and torsion bar mount replacement the car is pretty far gone. Unless you have alot of time and money it may not be worth saving. It totally depends on surrounding structures to be solid. If not, you better have some mad fabrication skills! 440'

If your gonna go that far just go a little farther and do the rail/cross member replacement. The caps are a repair patch, fine for a car that you just want to extend the life of the car for a few more years, but not a permanent repair. You gotta love the car your thinking of doing this to or its worth a bit of cash. That my option so now you need to make your own decision.

Auto Transport Service
Back