• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use proforged 103-10030 pitman arm?

mattsmopars

Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
So I thought as I go back together with my suspension and steering I would put new pitman and idler arms on my 1966 Coronet with manual steering. So no trouble on the idler arm got a moog part without issue, but the part store said nothing available for the pitman arm. So I did some looking online and basically the only one I saw was a proforged unit part number 103-10030. Summits site basically says 62-72 B &E body power or manual box so I order one. Well looking at it tonight it’s made different as far as contour vs the original. Sort of looks like it might locate the pivot ball in the same place but hard to say that for sure. Can anyone say for sure? Other thing is with the kick out made on the new part would that effect oil pan or header clearance? Both of my parts I’m concerned with say they fit with factory suspension.2 1/8 TTI hemi headers and Milodon oil pan with side kick out for 7 quarts but no lower than stock pan. I have attached pictures if anyone can say for sure or has any experience I would appreciate the help.
Matt

pitman3.png pitman2.png pitman1.png

So from me researching the sector shaft size changes after 1972 so some of those say 62-81 and that is just not possible. Looks like 62-72 smaller size and 73- up is larger diameter. Since I have this one here and its supposed to be correct year application, my real question is the difference in the way its bent vs the original and if that might effect anything? Wanted to see if someone might have actual used this arm and might know. I see s a few Moog parts online but they appear also to bent a little different as well. Thanks, Matt

The top one is '62 to '70 and correct for your application, and the second is '65 - '72 and is also the correct for your application. Have the company that sent you the incorrect one send you a call tag as it does not fit correctly, and get a correct pitman arm from one or the other link that I sent you, it is just that simple. Theirs does not match the original, thus changing the steering ratio, and is incorrect. They should send a call tag, and refund your money for the part and shipping.

There was another thread on this I read recently. If I recall the shape didn't make any difference, it worked just fine

If it were longer or shorter, it would make a difference in the ratio but if the center to center length is the same, it shouldn't change anything so long as the master spline is in the same place. Only one way to find out if the bend will be in the way of anything is to give it a shot. Heck, I modified one to fit 40 years ago and it worked fine......broke *** young fart back then but I had access to a saw and a welding machine.

Auto Transport Service
Back