• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use there Gas Grill durning the Winter Months

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
I still ,steaks & Snow..But Be careful.
9462f1a9d13a9bc1990fd358b33e5753c6d611f4.gif

With a cold winter what would taste better than grilled food?
Let's have some Winter Tips..

Last edited:
Quite often. We have a covered patio that I enclose in the winter and when I built it I installed a high volume bathroom fan to clear the smoke away.

We do occasionally. When I built the laundry room off the side porch I placed the dryer vent about 20" from the floor and about 2 feet from the BBQ. Standing at the BBQ in winter is nice with warm air coming out around me...

Never gas, always charcoal briquettes and it doesn't matter what time if year if I want that BBQ taste and flavor . . .

All year round in covered area open on two sides
two steps outside the door

I still do. Sometimes it gets cold enough here that I have to wear shoes instead of flip-flops :)

I grill and use the smoker out on the shop porch all year. In the winter I hang the material they use for greenhouses up. My floor is heated so most winter days when I am working in the shop I leave the single door up on the shop and take my breaks out on the porch.

I started putting the tarp up about 3 years ago and I left it up this summer and it kept the bug out as well.
SAM_0063.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG

We use our natural gas barbecue year round, outside on the deck. When it gets about-24 F the valves get fairly hard to turn, so sometimes don’t bbq after that.

Almost daily, smoked pheasants yesterday, grilled venison chops today.

We’ve got a Pit Bull smoker, uses wood pellets, love that thing!

You say Winter...I say Summer. I plan to slowly cook a couple of lamb legs on Christmas Day on my gas BBQ. Should be a pleasant and warm morning....might have some beers for breakfast too. :thumbsup:

You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!

Yep, we use our grill all year here in NJ. Only thing that’ll stop me is a driving rain, mostly because I just don’t want to bother.

Yup, but I keep my propane tank inside in the warmth until I'm ready to use it
Whats your reason for keeping the propane tank inside in the warmth? Propane doesnt freeze and if the pressure in the tank drops that much there is a problem some where.

I'm surprised @Kern Dog hasn't stopped in here to make a comment on the usage of "there" in the thread title....:D

Auto Transport Service
Back