• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using a "Smart" sprinkler water system?

451Mopar

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Rachio 3 + wireless flow meter to replace my "dumb" sprinkler timer.
It looks like my city water has a refund that would pay for at least 1/2 the cost, and maybe more (up to $300.)

https://rachio.com/smart-water-system/

Has anyone done this and know how hard or easy it is to get the rebate from the water company?

Personally, the only "smart" sprinkler system, is not having one. However, Amazon has them listed for $200, and a plumber "shouldn't" charge more than that to put it in.

You need a few of these instead...

funny_peeing_statues_1006.jpg

I'm looking at the Rachio 3 + wireless flow meter to replace my "dumb" sprinkler timer.
It looks like my city water has a refund that would pay for at least 1/2 the cost, and maybe more (up to $300.)

https://rachio.com/smart-water-system/

Has anyone done this and know how hard or easy it is to get the rebate from the water company?
I'm not sure about the watering system but as for the rebate. Get a copy or the water company's rule for the rebate, does it have be installed professionally or can a homeowner install. Does this system meet the standard for the rebate, keep every receipt and make copies. Find out if you can use your old sprinkler heads or do they have to be replaced with new one and so on, its always in the fine print. I might seem like I'm going a bit over the top, my wife tells me that all the time but if you miss one tiny thing you could end up not able to collect. Another thing you could do is call around to local sprinkler system installers, one that gives free estimates. They will/should know what will be required to get the rebate and sometimes will deduct that from the cost of installation then collect from the water company themself. Just my unprofessional opinions.

My timing is so bad.
So the other day I order the controller and sign up with my E-mail.
Today I get E-mail with a $30 off code for Memorial Day Sale.

"For a limited time, use code MEMDAY30 at rachio.com to save $30 on our most advanced smart watering control.
Don’t miss out - Memorial Day savings end 5/28!"

I'm going to call them Monday and see if I can get that discount.

Auto Transport Service
Back