• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using Brave Browser?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
I just downloaded Brave Browser to try out for a while. I set it as my default browser and Duck Duck Go as my default search engine. Results? So far so good on day one.

It's hard to change and keep up with technical stuff the older we get. But, the latest tech seems easier to learn and use. I am on a mission to keep big corporations from following my every move on the interwebs.

How about you?

Firefox is way slower than Brave. Brave loads the pages with images and video thumbnails much faster.

Just did the switch last week (both browser and search engine). Used Firefox primarily, with an occasional use of Chrome.

So far I'm not seeing any major issues pro or con.

Try loading the Random Video page using both browsers for comparison. You should see a difference.

I have download speed of 30 megabits per second (Mbps) here.

Try loading the Random Video page using both browsers for comparison. You should see a difference.

Very hard to time it as I don't have a watch/stop watch. I ran all three browsers several times by refreshing (ctrl + F5). Maybe a second faster. Going to keep it unless I need to change it for some reason.

Going to download and check it out. I currently use chrome, but that doesn't mean that I trust Google.

Auto Transport Service
Back