• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using Hotchkis leaf springs ?

Aarons Air

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
While rebuilding my car, i replaced the rear leaf springs with Hotchkis brand geometry correcting leaf springs. Recently i bought a trans yoke, and drive shaft to install. I bought a yoke, which is 7 1/2" from eye center to end. I then slid it on the trans, with approx 1/2" - 3/4" from bottoming out against trans. Then i measured from the yoke eye center, to the rear eye center. My measurement is approximately 50 1/2 ". According to a thread question i asked, the correct length for my 68 dodge is 52 07. The drive shaft i bought was removed from a 69 bee. It is believed to be original to the car, but measures just over 51" ( as seen in pic). Perhaps the drive shaft was originally plymouth and mislabeled , or plymouth used in a dodge assy line? My yoke may be the wrong length, but something else is still off. I haven't yet measured my wheel base, but suspect the leaf spring replacement moved the rear end center point forward ( which would explain the short measurement). Has anyone else here used these springs, or encountered this issue ? https://www.hotchkis.net/product/1967-1970-mopar-b-body-geometry-corrected-sport-leaf-springs/

imagejpeg_0.jpg

When I swapped the Springs on my Charger, the Hotchkis rear springs dropped right in without moving the Axle or any issues. Now my wagon took some work, but I think that is due to the poorly rebuilt stock springs and I didn't have any drive shaft issues swapping back and forth.

I have the Hotchkiss springs as well, on my '69, and they went right in without any issues...

While rebuilding my car, i replaced the rear leaf springs with Hotchkis brand geometry correcting leaf springs. Recently i bought a trans yoke, and drive shaft to install. I bought a yoke, which is 7 1/2" from eye center to end. I then slid it on the trans, with approx 1/2" - 3/4" from bottoming out against trans. Then i measured from the yoke eye center, to the rear eye center. My measurement is approximately 50 1/2 ". According to a thread question i asked, the correct length for my 68 dodge is 52 07. The drive shaft i bought was removed from a 69 bee. It is believed to be original to the car, but measures just over 51" ( as seen in pic). Perhaps the drive shaft was originally plymouth and mislabeled , or plymouth used in a dodge assy line? My yoke may be the wrong length, but something else is still off. I haven't yet measured my wheel base, but suspect the leaf spring replacement moved the rear end center point forward ( which would explain the short measurement). Has anyone else here used these springs, or encountered this issue ? https://www.hotchkis.net/product/1967-1970-mopar-b-body-geometry-corrected-sport-leaf-springs/

View attachment 1037318
I was wondering about this myself. I just ordered the Hotchkis springs for my 66 Charger. Hotchkis does not seem to offer different spring hangers for Dodge vs Plymouth but the factory had two different lengths to give Dodge a longer wheelbase than the Plymouth. Sounds like the Hotchkis mount is based off the Plymouth length.

Auto Transport Service
Back