• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using K1 rods on a 440?

Danny Baker

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Looking for K1 rods/bearings recommendation. I'm planning to use standard-type bearings, but noticed their spec says "use CB727 bearings". I've Google-searched every combination of CB727, but the only bearing I'm finding is a CB727P which is listed for a Triumph Spitfire.

No answer on their tech support (in Ohio), I suppose they are shut down for the virus.

So just curious if anyone has gone down this road, and ran into any issues with bearing choice for K1 rods on a 440.

If it’s a factory B/RB size journal, the bearing number is CB-527 in Clevite. If it’s an aftermarket crank, you’ll want to use CB-527HN which is a narrower H series (eccentricity) bearing to accommodate the larger radius fillet on the journal. If it’s Chevy size (2.200) then it’s a CB-743 and the same suffix info applies.

If it’s a factory B/RB size journal, the bearing number is CB-527 in Clevite. If it’s an aftermarket crank, you’ll want to use CB-527HN which is a narrower H series (eccentricity) bearing to accommodate the larger radius fillet on the journal. If it’s Chevy size (2.200) then it’s a CB-743 and the same suffix info applies.

Thanks, yeah 527 that's what it had on it. Just wondered if those rods had some weirdness I couldn't see.

I do not see where it shows a bearing number on their website. A CB527P rod bearing is 0.912" wide, and the rod big end width is 1.017", so it will fit okay. As Hemirunner said, a CB527HN (0.862" wide) bearing can be used on a stock or aftermarket crank. The narrower bearing allows for the larger (0.125" radius) of HP cranks. The stock CB527P bearing can only be used on a stock crank as it is too wide for the large radius HP crank.

I do not see where it shows a bearing number on their website. A CB527P rod bearing is 0.912" wide, and the rod big end width is 1.017", so it will fit okay. As Hemirunner said, a CB527HN (0.862" wide) bearing can be used on a stock or aftermarket crank. The narrower bearing allows for the larger (0.125" radius) of HP cranks. The stock CB527P bearing can only be used on a stock crank as it is too wide for the large radius HP crank.

Thanks for the info 69Bee. Working on the engine is a great stress-reliever right at the moment.

Auto Transport Service
Back