• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using one of these?

I've had it on my car, 71 Cuda for over 20 years and no problems. Just put one in a 74 Duster about 2 years ago. Nothing like a brand new part, especially for braking.

I've had it on my car, 71 Cuda for over 20 years and no problems. Just put one in a 74 Duster about 2 years ago. Nothing like a brand new part, especially for braking.
Are they plug n play or do i have to adjust something?

I just put one in my 64 Fury when I did the front disc conversion. I got it and the kit from Dr. Diff. I have driven it a little bit with no problem, but I have not yet had time to really drive the car and fine tune the adjustable proportioning valve. It seems to be OK. I was very careful to check and measure the depth of the rod hole in back of the piston to the actual mounting surface of the original master cylinder, and compare the dimensions to what the new master cylinder and adapter plate would be. I found that I had to adjust the length of my push rod out approximately 1/4 inch or so. The factory push rods have a threaded adjuster on the ends. I used a dial caliper to get the measurements.

DSC01600.JPG
DSC01601.JPG

I've bought 5 of them from Cass so far. Buy the replacement Dorman caps and seals that he recommends and you will be all set.

I've bought 5 of them from Cass so far. Buy the replacement Dorman caps and seals that he recommends and you will be all set.
I was not told anything about having to buy replacement caps and seals. But I have noticed there seems to be fluid around them when I open the hood. Is this a known issue with them? At about $100 for the cylinder, that would be very disappointing...

I've had that set up on my 68 T/C wagon for close to 12 years...and it is a junk yard MC and still going strong, and I just bought the bracket new.

I was not told anything about having to buy replacement caps and seals. But I have noticed there seems to be fluid around them when I open the hood. Is this a known issue with them? At about $100 for the cylinder, that would be very disappointing...
Yes, unfortunately it is a common problem. Knock on wood, the Dorman replacements have not leaked on mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back