• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Using The Vintage Auto Radio Repro Thumbwheel Radios?

boss302dave

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
Looking to see if if anyone has purchased and used the reproduction thumbwheel style radios with all the bells and whistles? (AM/FM Bluetooth enabled, I-pod cable, etc.) They have a semi correct look, and specs look impressive, but typically have a long lead time before getting one. Do they work well, sound good, etc.? I'd like to replace my non working OE AM with something better than an overpriced 5 watt AM/FM mono factory radio. The ones on eBay from Vintage Auto Radio seem like a (relative) bargain @ $650 vs what some people are asking for OE AM/FM mono radios that may or may not work. Anyone using one of these?

I have the Redondo roller style radio. Looks and works good, installation and fitment was easy. There's a roller thumb style version available too.

I don't know the model you are refering to.

I bought mine from antique automobile radios a couple years ago. It was easy to install and works great. I tried a couple different speaker types and found one that works well with
00B416D6-72C9-4241-8FD0-E2BF274FEC59.jpeg
CDC0EB47-D488-4CF5-B738-072DA50F2F91.jpeg

Geez man don't keep us in suspense! What speaker did you like???

Sorry, I had to go look. I suffer from CRS (can’t remember ****).

89699B4D-27D7-42B2-BE94-B210CF348011.png

Remember what!! lol

Thanks my man. Appreciate the info. They sound good do they? Two in the rear? Anything upfront?

Thanks for the replies and speaker recommendation guys. Looks like I'm going to have to pony up for one for mine! In addition to the 6X9's under the package shelf, I'll likely put a couple smaller 6" rounds under the IP facing downward. Not optimal for sound quality, but I'm not cutting door or kick panels. Spring is almost here!:thumbsup:

Remember what!! lol

Thanks my man. Appreciate the info. They sound good do they? Two in the rear? Anything upfront?
I put two in the rear. I tried new speaker where the AM radio dash speaker was but it just rattled and didn’t sound good at all so stayed with rear speakers only. The sound is good and the stereo has enough power it can be heard over the exhaust.

Auto Transport Service
Back