• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AR Engineering Valley Pan shape (?)

rirealtor

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Ok- silly question of the day( only 1 per day).
What is the shape of the Valley Pan for b block? Rectangular or Parallelogram?
This arrived today and while my engine is not nearby, something doesn’t look quite right.

118E331A-A49E-492E-9353-BD9E22278153.jpeg BF8E4EDA-8BCB-44F4-BD45-A6C9ABD3A799.jpeg 048718AA-F146-4BDB-8770-F0C058E1DD4E.jpeg

It’s supposed to be that way. The block has a bank to bank offset.

Just an FYI here, the tray you have (I use that one as well) is meant more for higher-rise intakes with no heat crossover underneath. I seem to recall you were looking to get an Edelbrock RPM intake. If you use that one, it will interfere with the valley tray and need to be shaved off. No big deal for a grinder and a cutoff wheel, just passing that along...

Bean- shoot. I misread a post from last year ( which I think you commented on) and was thinking that the pan was ok w RPM and TF heads. And also read on some other posts about not many options for good fitting pans with the 240s - some covered ports or were misaligned/warped. Any recommendations if I decide not to grind?
I would love to go w TF intake but don’t think that will fit under a 67 Charger.

If I wasn't keen on cutting the RPM's crossover down the only pan I'd consider would be the stock tin FelPro. You can touch-up the pan ports pretty easily with a dremel or file if they overhang. Personally I don't hesitate to cut the crossover down because I prefer the separate tray, and the AR piece seals well and looks good doing it. The RPM really is the best street intake you can run in most cases.
Hughes and 440Source make pans that clear but the ones I've tried leaked no matter how well I sealed them initially, and you have to remove a head to install them (the two-piece one really sucked). You might get one to work if you don't mind laying a big external bead of sealant along the bottom edge of the heads but I couldn't bring myself to do that..

To the grinder it goes then. Thanks very much for the advice.
It's a pretty quick job, I hit it with a cutoff wheel as far down as I can get it then grind/flap it the rest of the way. It's a little messy but easy.
Good luck with your build!:thumbsup:

20220507_114348.jpg

With the AR Engineering plate , he recommends using his bat wings for sealing the intake manifold

Don’t you still have to seal or rtv a bead of silicone on the heads where the plate , bat wings meet the valley plate ?

Thanx Scott

With the AR Engineering plate , he recommends using his bat wings for sealing the intake manifold

Don’t you still have to seal or rtv a bead of silicone on the heads where the plate , bat wings meet the valley plate ?

Thanx Scott
Yes, put a little smear of your favorite sealer along the beveled edge of the plate where it meets the batwing.

Does one of the heads have to be off to put this valley plate on?

Auto Transport Service
Back