• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are ‘68 Coronet Qrt. Panel Extensions the Same Between a 4-Dr & a R/T?

haywire 440

Full Speed Ahead
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
Are the Extensions the same across the entire line, 4-Dr, 440, 500, R/T, Superbee, Hardtop, Sedan and Convertible?

Well, for a 70 Plymouth, all the quarter panel caps are the same with the exception that some have holes drilled in them for trim (GTX/Satellite) and some do not (Belvedere/Roadrunner), but otherwise the same caps. I'm pretty sure a 68 Dodge would be the same way.

Well, for a 70 Plymouth, all the quarter panel caps are the same with the exception that some have holes drilled in them for trim (GTX/Satellite) and some do not (Belvedere/Roadrunner), but otherwise the same caps. I'm pretty sure a 68 Dodge would be the same way.

My thoughts are on the ‘68 Coronets they are basically the same as yours. And as you mentioned there could be mounting holes for trim added or not. My main concern/question is about the ‘68 4-Dr comparison to the ‘68
R/T.
Looking at google photos now.
Thanks for your input

One of my Roadrunner caps came off a 4 dr Belvedere if that helps. Oddly, I added a rear wing (not original on my car), but my original trunk lid didn't have the cutouts for the wing bracket....but that same 4 dr Belvedere had the trunk lid with the wing bracket cutouts??? I scored both in a salvage yard years ago.

That’s interesting that the trunk lid from the 4-dr had the cutouts. I’m assuming that you replaced your original lid with the ‘70 Belvedere trunk lid?

I’m seeing on the pictures that the Qt. Extension are the same. Some with trim holes.

Auto Transport Service
Back