• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are all 73 K frames supposed to have sway bar mounts?

YY1

Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Apparently mine does not.

It Has aftermarket sway bars but I don't see any evidence of the mounts being hacked off.

If anything there are hack marks on the outside of the fenders in that area.

Pics would be nice, either way.

Apparently mine does not.

It Has aftermarket sway bars but I don't see any evidence of the mounts being hacked off.

If anything there are hack marks on the outside of the fenders in that area.

Pics would be nice, either way.

every one that I have seen does. they are the same style all the way up to 79. they have links and tie to the strut rods. there are only holes in the K member for the links to bolt onto with bushings .
this is a 77 but the suspension is the same

I don't have a pic of the inboard links, but essentially , the sway bar hangs from the k member with typical end links

Attachments

• a30.jpg
    a30.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 183
73's really don't have any "mounts" per se. Here are a couple of grungy pictures from my son's 73 Road Runner, but hopefully you get the idea:

Here is the "center" support. So for this, there is only one hole in the K member to support the mount.
P0001714.jpg

Here is the end. As you can see it mounts to the strut rod, so there is no evidence of it once removed.
P0001721.jpg

Hope these help...

Hawk

Any chance for a top down pic?

Thanks, BTW.

I've had 73-4 without the sway bar. Sway bar setup has gussets on the K-frame for the end links. A non-sway bar frame won't have the gussets.

this the best I have, if you look close you can see the plate with the single hole where the link drops down. im almost 100% certain all 73 and up B body K members are built with these plates welded in.

Attachments

• a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 171
I've had 73-4 without the sway bar. Sway bar setup has gussets on the K-frame for the end links. A non-sway bar frame won't have the gussets.

Found a couple pics with the bar.

- - - Updated - - -

Without

Attachments

• K frame 73-4B BB 2.jpg
    K frame 73-4B BB 2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 175
  • K frame 73-4B BB.jpg
    K frame 73-4B BB.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 20140609_145454.jpg
    20140609_145454.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 175
/6 and most 318 cars didn't have the bar. Some 318 and most BB cars did.

even the last 318 charger I parted had a sway bar, in fact every small block car ive seen has had one, so I assumed they all did , that's what I get LOL

I have yet to feast my eyes on a slant 73 or later charger

I've had two 73 318 Satellites and a 74 /6 Charger without the sway bar. I'm probably backwards on the 318 cars. Probably more had it then without.

Well I have one now 74 s.e. 318 with one and I had 2 without 73 and 74 non s.e. the 74 non s e was non touched the 73 May have had it never noticed it being missing .and obviously my 72 rallye has its sway bars on it can't remember if any of my parts cars had them .
Challengersteve has a parts 73 charger rallye car it should have the bar on it still you may want to get with him soon ,I think is getting a final strip and off to the scrap pile soon code enforcement has been hounding him on it
Good luck

My 73 Satellite 318 does not have a sway bar. I will check and see if it has the gussets.

Auto Transport Service
Back