• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are All Mopar Lug Nuts the Same?

Nope!!! I don't think it matters which year or body one prefers,,,,it the pure OE guys VS the day 2,3 guys VS the guys that like to turn or my style.Local street bruiser,car shower and occasional track days going in the 8's:rolleyes:

Either way I respect them all including the rolling driving project car that they will finish some day:):usflag:

B is 1/2"

A is 7/16"

1970 and earlier is LH thread on driver side

Let's not forget that there's left & right handed lugs too, don't want to mix that up do you?

Don't know about the B's but the E cars still had left handed lugs in 72....dont' know about the 73 and 4's

Can't find anything these days that matches original equipment.

On the left in the photo, this "new" 1/2" I found locally takes a different lug wrench size (larger) and it just doesn't seem to fit into the rim hole exactly like the old nuts on my '72 BBody. I don't want to use them (I'd rather find some used ones with the proper fit).

lug nut compare.jpg

Put up a WTB add here, I'll bet someone has a bucket of them.

Can't find anything these days that matches original equipment.

On the left in the photo, this "new" 1/2" I found locally takes a different lug wrench size (larger) and it just doesn't seem to fit into the rim hole exactly like the old nuts on my '72 BBody. I don't want to use them (I'd rather find some used ones with the proper fit).

View attachment 917567
Notice the difference in the angle of the 'cone'? That makes a big difference in how well they hold the wheels. Of course, different wheels had different cone sizes, so you have to make sure they match.

The one on the right is a steel wheel and the one on the left appears to be an alloy wheel nut.

Auto Transport Service
Back