• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are E body guys naive, or what?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
I saw this ad for a used trunk mat for a 71 Barracuda listed for $2100; Makes me wonder about the type of people who would pay that for a "survivor" mat. Sheesh! What's a NOS trunk mat cost?

1664284350598.png

Last edited:
Yup, that's a lot of dough for a floor mat alright. Holy smokes!

I just made one for my '63, a gray padded felt material that closely matches the exterior color. But, I'm not that bent on perfect OEM stuff and wouldn't be for 2,100 bucks..

I wonder how many trunks were damaged before folks realized the mats held water underneath and took them out?

I saw the add and clicked on the post but clicked back off after seeing the pictures. I guess I missed the price. Yikes. Guess the purists will gringe since I cut one up to notch it around my roll cage bars and drilled through it to mount my cell, battery, fuel pump and nitrous bottle brackets.

rsz_20160702_220108_002.jpg

Not sure what that guy is smoking but I doubt he'll get anything near that!
The whole trunk mat situation has been a fiasco forever it seems. Finally ECS came out with good ones for E bodies 4 or 5 years ago, then they sold out and their material supplier cut them off so they couldn't make any more, so I wouldn't be surprised to see someone advertising a ECS cuda or Challenger mat in the near future for $500+
For some reason trunk mats and trim rings remain the repro parts that nobody can ever get good ones out into the market.

Maybe it's an original HEMI mat.
The doofus in the white socks should also get an NOS blue tarp, the wrinkles detract from the mat.

:rofl::rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back