• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are they really that much now?

Moparkid68

Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
Went with aftermarket seats when building my bird but want to go back to the way the car should feel- factory buckets! Know a guy with bucket seats and tracks for a 68/9 B Body. Wants 1350 for the pair... both will need new foam and skins. Looking for a set but I'm not desperate, if that's truly what they're going for now I'll have to save up, just need to know if thats fair market value or not and being that I'm new here how often do these roll across the classifieds? Any advice or feedback is appreciated

Just my opinion, but that is way high for a couple seats that need everything. But you arent gonna get a pair for two hundred bucks like the guy offered to pay here a week or so ago.

Seat cores $500 is about going rate around here with track's!
Without 200
1300 better be dang nice!
But there's guys who want to make a huge profit knowing there's not many kicking around anymore! You'll find a set for less keep looking!

IMO too many people are asking stupid prices for crap because many "new" to the hobby think they have to have "factory" stuff so there is a market there to exploit. I have zero problem with after market seats, seats out of other cars, etc. These are just cars, not artifacts... most of the factory seats suck, not comfortable and certainly wont hold you in place.

It would be a cold day in hell before I paid $1350 for a set of seats that have to be rebuilt.

They go for 800 - 850 with tracks around here. For $1350, they should be about ready to be put in the car.

I had 2 original seats for my 69 . I thought that the frames were in great condition. WRONG! I had to replace broken springs and repair broken welds, sandblast everything and still had to replace one seat bottom frame due to the steel being too thin and missing metal after sandblasting. So buyer beware!

& shipping prices for them especially out of state
makes them even worse,
when I sold my near-perfect org. Black 68 RR Decore bench seat
with tracks & all
to a member here for $250
(est. the value worth $1000-$1500 easily today or back then)
I had a bunch of "alleged" buyers/tire-kickers
say;
'I'll buy that sight unseen'
until they found out the shipping was as much as the seat
& more in most cases, especially rural areas
I had shipping costs as high as $800-$1200,
the cheapest was $350 in the west, thru Fastenal
with a loading dock or liftgate availability
2 people bailed prior to, after agreeing to buy

That's why it was priced @ $250 as low as the price was

just because it worth X amount
it doesn't mean you can get that price either
shipping plays into it big-time, especially bigger items
usually can make or break a deal
(need to be trucked, bussed or using Fastenal for shipping)

I'm glad a member got it, for that storming deal
an FBBO member coming up here & picking them up from in state

Last edited:
There are some that will put exorbitant prices on their stuff and never sell it or won't sell the hordes of stuff they that they don't need thinking gold mine with their stuff stacked to the ceilings. Some of them die off leaving their kinfolks to get rid of it and some get a windfall doing it at reasonable prices or less. What's the phrase from a country tune" "You don't see hearses with a luggage rack" or something like this. lol

What's the phrase from a country tune" "You don't see hearses with a luggage rack" or something like this. lol

you can take it with you.jpg

The seller is obviously confused or deranged.

1350 is the number of CFM a six-pack flows. :thumbsup:
it's actually like 940cfm "actual flow" stock, :D
but it is a combined total of 1350cfm in carbs :lowdown:

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back