• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

are US Wheel's wheels, actually made here in the US?

volaredon

Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
as title says. looking at a set I'm interested in

They claim to be American made, their factory address is 15702 Producer Ln, Huntington Beach, CA 92649

Pretty sure my US Mags U101’s said made in China.

well that about rules those out then.

dunno, have never been to california. there very well could be

Where does any aluminum come from, most metal is mined out of country because the EPA as so many regulations its not economically feasible to mine in the US unless it’s carrying gold so if your that critical what about the vinyl your seats are covered with ,so if you want 100% made in America, which is a good idea, it’s going to be old

They were made in USA for many years... But most production wheel manufacturing was moved to China... Anything with custom offsets is still made here in their "Custom Shop" My wheels were made here in the Custom Shop....

looked at the ebay ad for the 1 that I saw there (there were a couple more singles, from other sellers that were more $ than Jeg's) and the box that wheel was in said "made in USA"... and Jegs site, and the sales person I called and asked there, said the wheels I was looking at were made in USA.... though I thought I saw a sticker on one of the singles (probably from the Ebay ad) on the back side of the wheel that makes me wonder..... "made in USA" doesn't mean what it used to.... unfortunately they don't have to be completely made here of raw material that was sourced here to claim that....

I cannot imagine there would be an aluminium foundry in Huntington Beach. :rolleyes:
No, but there's one just up the block in Torrance....it's easy just take the 405 to the 405/22 to the 605 back to the 405 past the 710 to the Torrance exit. Or, for the scenic route take the 1, cut over on Ocean and take the 710 to the 110 and before you get to the 91 catch the 405........
:rofl:Welcome to L.A.!:D

funny.... never been to California.... I live (too close to) 2 counties away from Chicago..... wish I could afford to pack up and leave this "ill" state (Illinois)
due to taxes, politics, etc.... sick n tired of Chicago deciding everything that pertains to "Illinois"..... elections, policies, govt allocations, etc..... but I want to go back to the original theme of the post....

funny.... never been to California.... I live (too close to) 2 counties away from Chicago..... wish I could afford to pack up and leave this "ill" state (Illinois)
due to taxes, politics, etc.... sick n tired of Chicago deciding everything that pertains to "Illinois"..... elections, policies, govt allocations, etc..... but I want to go back to the original theme of the post....
Yeah I don't actually live in L.A. but being only 4-ish hours away I've spent my share of time down there...it used to be THE place....Heavy-metal and the 'Strip in the 80s oh lordy take me back. So Cal folks will get the freeway joke for sure.
BTW my standard 15x8 4.5 backspace 'American Racing' wheels are hecho in cheena....but like 1Wild was saying most of these manufacturers' custom-spec wheels are still U.S. made. And you can tell browsing the prices, $120 for an off-the-shelf compared to north of $400 for a custom...

these were $180-some, from Jegs. Summit was over $200 ea. Strangely, I found a couple of singles on Ebay from different sellers.... the cheapest of which was 1/2 price of Jegs new in box with free shipping..... and Jegs coincidentally had 3 in stock... weird. I like the fact that they aren't unilug.... which was honestly what I was anticipating that I'd wind up with. found a set of shank lugs with washers for $20 shipped on Ebay.....

hey Johnpat what is there in that post to disagree with? jegs price vs Summit? how many they had in stock? the "not unilug"? what?

Us mags is under wheel pros and they make everything for American racing, boss etc
So maybe they are

I just got these from wheel pros
DC7997EF-801C-4D54-AAA4-BBC65DB240AC.jpeg

I go by price...If 3 times higher than... maybe made in U.S....... maybe!
Like boot, send all the materials across the border, and say, Made n U.S.A. ha Just cheaper than making N of border, and hiring illegal workers.

well got the Ebay one and it's stamped "MADE IN USA" right on the back of the wheel.

Auto Transport Service
Back