• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you guys getting this artic blast we're supposed to get?

SteveSS

Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
The weather reporters are making a big deal about this in Colorado. It's 45 degrees right now on Wednesday afternoon but they say a cold front is coming. I've heard -19 degrees with a -39 wild chill. From tonight until Saturday.

68 here now. Supposed to be 29 Christmas Eve. In Lakeland, FLORIDA!

It was -8 this morning while I was shoveling snow. It’s been snowing all day with totals predicted to be around 6” before high winds kick in. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a suck fest…

My van headlights are next to useless.
1671662805335.png

Yeah we are getting flood watches for tomorrow into Friday the it turns to snow. The temperature will fall from 50 to single digits Friday night and below freezing all weekend.
I don't know how you guys so up north do it. God be with you, stay safe
I hate snow

Forecasters are calling for freezing rain to start sometime later this afternoon/evening....OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!

They say we could be getting somewhere between 1/4" to 1/2" of ice......

Considering the winter-time driving skills of the idiots in this area....I think the risk outweighs the gain of coming into work tomorrow....

Forecasters are calling for freezing rain to start sometime later this afternoon/evening....OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!

They say we could be getting somewhere between 1/4" to 1/2" of ice......

Considering the winter-time driving skills of the idiots in this area....I think the risk outweighs the gain of coming into work tomorrow....
Does that mean the staff get a paid day off?

We ended up with about 3 inches of snow. Yeah it's cold but at our elevation 7,500 feet above MSL the sun is warm. Not enough atmosphere here filtering the sun. BTW happy first day of winter. The 21st was the winter solstice.

Well.....this "staff member" has more than enough sick leave/paid time off/vacation days accrued that I'm not too concerned about it.

:thumbsup:
Thought you would reply with something like that! I met you in Farmington in 2016, enjoyed the chat. Really appreciated your advice on the battery cables, and am very pleased with it.

- 12 , doing my best this eve to stay warm.
20221222_175212.jpg

Just got back and it’s one of the coldest nights we ever had in recent years…. I imagine it still could get colder…

703E6244-6469-4D5C-8B38-5E096A6F1C37.jpeg

Glad I live on the good side of the Divide. That cold *** air usually slides down the east side, usually.

Started snowing this morning before 9am. Had winds kick in, and gusting to 60 mph.
Whiteouts continuous all day. Hard to say how much snow so far, Lake Effect, as it just keeps snowing, and blowing around, but there's 4' drifts around the house and driveway. They closed the 2 Main Supermarket chains around the County, at noon, until Monday, as a driving ban went into effect this morning at 10:30am. Weather channel predicting this to keep up until Sunday morning, when the snows let up, and winds start calming. They don't even have the plows out, as you can't see a car length ahead at times. Temps are single number, just above zero, so wind chill must be 20-30 below, when it's gusting. I've lived through a bunch like this, but don't remember one on Christmas ?
Season's Greetings to All !!!

I live in NE Ohio. The Ashtabula Harbor area. Lake Erie is less than 1000' from my driveway. I had to work yesterday & it was windy & cool at 28* but dropped to 0 by 9 AM. It snowed & drifted because of the wind but this storm is very different than anything I've seen in the past 20 years. Its not even the snow or the cold, its the wind gusts at 60 mph, with winds steadily maintaining between 40 & 50 mph. The open water near the lake doesn't help & we're not inland enough to slow it down. This is the 1st time since I've lived here(2006) that the snow & ice is blowing up under my storm doors and building up between the storm & entry doors on both the north & south side of the house. My solid front door is original to the 40's house & has always sealed superior. This odd wind has caused ice to break through the bottom of the front entry door though & ice up on the inside of my house on the hardwood floor an inch in the length of the bottom of the door. I shoveled the snow out and rolled up some bath towels to prevent it for the remainder of the storm, but again, never woulda thaught that could of even been possible. No power outages here yet but my neighborhood shares 3 different grids so dont know about others. So far so good with the exception of my front door...

Auto Transport Service
Back