• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arsenal of Democracy Flyover Friday, Sept. 25

DeltaV

Endeavor to persevere
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
BP29921-950x760.jpg

AOD_September.jpg

https://www.b29doc.com/b-29-doc-in-...racy-flyover-event-watch-live-friday-sept-25/

The flyover event commemorating the 75th anniversary to the end of World War II that was originally scheduled for May will happen this week in Washington, D.C.

On Friday, Sept. 25, approximately 70 World War II aircraft will fly down the Potomac River across the National Mall in a historic sequence representing the significant battles of World War II. The aircraft will be over the National Mall at approximately 11:30 AM EST, and the entire flyover will last approximately one hour.

B-29 Doc will be part of the “Onward to Victory” and “Final Act” formation with B-29 FIFI to commemorate the final offensive in the Pacific Theater of the war. The formation flyover with both Doc and FIFI will be only the third time the only two remaining B-29s that are airworthy have flown together. Previously, Doc and FIFI flew in formation at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh in 2017 and again in Great Bend, KS, in 2018.

WATCH LIVE
The event can be watched live via the web stream player below or by clicking here: https://ww2flyover.org/live/ The aerial tribute live stream will include special programming, including interviews with veterans and heroes, starting at 10:00 AM ET. Live coverage of the first formation approaching the National Mall with detailed narration will start at approximately 11:30 AM ET.

Much better on a TV than a smart phone.:thumbsup:

This video is a masterpiece and surely one of the top 10 I've ever seen BECAUSE, for the first time in history, it shows a very thorough, incremental check-listed procedures never really seen or heard by passengers nor the general public. With Erik's painstaking work and editing we get an entirely new facet to this highly polished "gem" aircraft never witnessed nor thus appreciated for the even greater beauty and wonder than looks that is now the B-29 "FiFi". With this groundbreaking video we can appreciate altogether the great procedures, developed over millions of man-hours of work and study, all unknown except to bomber aircrews, that always accompanied and came to define the Superfortress as much as its better known and illustrious military and historical beauty and values. That "magic" is how they got and stayed safe and came home, time after time as they did and became famous and dear in our American hearts. Fifi and aircrew, Fifi and the American airspace are now together here, jointly visible and auditory in a totality of the Superfortress in flight. The video and its subject are an outstanding fit for the great mission - accomplished here. Well done, all. Cheers!

Man, I love the WW2 planes and hope no one takes this thread political. Well, anyone that does WILL get a vaca! Capeesh!?

I don't remember seeing this one
very cool historic planes, thanks for sharing guys

they 'used to' do something here in Columbia at the airport
they had a car show
along with the WWII planes flyovers, landings & public access displays
all around the airport
haven't seen or heard of it in quite a while now

it's an almost 2 year old thread

Smiley Lighten Up Francis #1.jpg

Much better on a TV than a smart phone.:thumbsup:

This video is a masterpiece and surely one of the top 10 I've ever seen BECAUSE, for the first time in history, it shows a very thorough, incremental check-listed procedures never really seen or heard by passengers nor the general public. With Erik's painstaking work and editing we get an entirely new facet to this highly polished "gem" aircraft never witnessed nor thus appreciated for the even greater beauty and wonder than looks that is now the B-29 "FiFi". With this groundbreaking video we can appreciate altogether the great procedures, developed over millions of man-hours of work and study, all unknown except to bomber aircrews, that always accompanied and came to define the Superfortress as much as its better known and illustrious military and historical beauty and values. That "magic" is how they got and stayed safe and came home, time after time as they did and became famous and dear in our American hearts. Fifi and aircrew, Fifi and the American airspace are now together here, jointly visible and auditory in a totality of the Superfortress in flight. The video and its subject are an outstanding fit for the great mission - accomplished here. Well done, all. Cheers!

Thanks!!! Watched it on my laptop which wasn't bad in full screen mode. Never seen a 29 in flight and well, don't know why but this kind of stuff always makes me tear up.....

Thanks!!! Watched it on my laptop which wasn't bad in full screen mode. Never seen a 29 in flight and well, don't know why but this kind of stuff always makes me tear up.....
It makes you tear up because as it also does for many of us - provides a patriotic and fulfilled reminder and feeling of how great this country once was and how for all intents and purposes that military, this country saved the world back in the mid-40’s. I’m sure as is the case with many of us my father was one of the “boys” back then and a part of the “Greatest Generation” that accomplished all that. It’s a shame, but also a passing generation thing that hardly any, if any young people in this country can‘t grasp the enormity of what happened during that time and the resulting magnificence of the final results. It was truly a national sacrifice and effort like never seen before or since anywhere in the world.

I say God Bless America - and further suggest we all get down on our knees and humbly pray for God to bless America once again.

5E0938D5-82E5-47BB-90D1-C40A34DB31AA.jpeg

Hearing the sounds of Merlins and P&W radials going overhead is awesome!

Auto Transport Service
Back