• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Article on 63 Ram Chargers and suspensions

mopar 3 B

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Found this article some time ago and misplaced it. The rear suspension looks intriguing and was wondering if anyone has tried to duplicate it?
from Car Life Road Test March 1963

Now how the heck do I attach it? The file is to large over 4M pdf file

If I knew to source to the article that would be possible. All I have is a stored pdf.

Put them on photobucket or Flickr and post the link

at last. Is that an early caltrac design in front of the axle? I was more interested in what was behind.

Attachments

• 63 Ram Charger Supension.jpg
    63 Ram Charger Supension.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 166
that's the old traction bar "thing". the Dragmasters had a set that clamped to the top of the spring. the s/s spring packages pretty much obsoleted those bars. the chassis manuals state not to use traction bars because they bend the axle housing.

1965 Traction Bar.jpgHow about this.....
This is a picture of the "traction bar" setup I built for my altered wheelbase MOPAR 50 years ago (in 1965) when I was 23 years old.

I gues I was just way ahead of my time...but...nobody knows and nobody cares...lol.

I also probbably was one of the first guys to tie the front and rear frame members together..I also did that in 1965...I didn't just call up Mancini Racing (they werent in business yet) ... I just got a couple lengths of 3/8" thick channel iron and made my own setup.

Attachments

• b  body 65 bl windows.jpg
    b body 65 bl windows.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 132
  • start line 2.jpg
    start line 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 132
I had no intention of installing a traction bar. What I was intrested in was the rear facing torque bars. Has anyone used them and did you get the same results?

I had no intention of installing a traction bar. What I was intrested in was the rear facing torque bars. Has anyone used them and did you get the same results?

In 1963 built a set of "rear facing" traction bars....for my 1963 Max Wedge aluminum Light Weight Car.....they did nothing better.

Ended up clamping the springs and using a pinion snubber just like everyone else did in 1963 and 1964.

Auto Transport Service
Back