• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As Promised

69 Runner

ADMIN wif a corner office (Deceased - RIP)
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
I had said some time back that I had a lil project to do for someone, and one of you asked for some pics. So here ya go. I'll post more as I move along.

This is a numbers matching 383 4 speed car, complete with it's original radiator and all sheet metal. No, I'm NOT doing a total resto on it. All I'm doing is the motor, and then reinstalling the motor/trans etc and making it drivable for the owner.

And no, it's not for sale. I've already asked:edgy:

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

You should talk him into doing the engine compartment while the motors out. Sure would save some time later on, and maybe give em an inspiration to do the rest of it.

Tomorrow it's getting hit with my power washer, so we'll get a better idea of how bad it really is. Biggest problem is I have pressing issues elsewhere and I don't really have time to paint etc.

Looks like a very nice car to restore. I really think a 70 roadrunner is the best year. Sort of where it reached its high tide. Just my 2 cents.
Matt

Shoved it outside today and hit it with the power washer. Isn't spic and span, but it's much much better

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007 altered.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

is the bay going to be repainted while it's out?

What a great car! That thing just oozes originality.

As easy as it sounds to paint the engine compartment you would have a lot of prep work to make it come out right, but it would be worth it.

I know, but I just don't have the time to mess with it. And while I'm sure he would be happier to have it done, I'm stressing his wallet as it is.

What a great car! That thing just oozes originality.

As easy as it sounds to paint the engine compartment you would have a lot of prep work to make it come out right, but it would be worth it.

lol tell me about it, being a bodyman/restorer I know all about it.

What is it you are doing to this 70 RR anyways? I see you powerwashed it, but, what? Can't do too much serious bodywork (if that's what you are doing) without seeing your favorite Media Blaster in TX (me) can you? (shameless plug) lol

Damn Donny. Every post have to be a commercial?:tongueflap:

I've built the motor for it, and will be reinstalling the motor and trans, and getting it "up on it's feet" for the owner. It's been sitting in his garage getting covered with dryer lint for the past 13+ years

Spent some time on parts cleaning today, and gave parts of the motor a lite dusting of S.H.O.

Picture.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back