• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As Teslas age

I think they need power adders
Someone get them a 9v battery!

When trouble appears we will simply ship the car to Gruber instead of rolling by my local shop.

I like the idea but they'll have to figure the battery situation out before I'd ever consider one. I'll pass but would love to try one out.

Well, if battery's were so good why do we replace power tool battery's year after year after year. Just bought a new pair of 20volt with adapter to fit my 18volt tool...total junk. Some people will purchase electric some won't, who can afford it? I'm not holding my breath

I know a guy who bought a repairable Tesla. He found that Tesla didn't sell repair parts, they didn't want them on the road. That was a couple years ago, haven't seen him to ask how it turned out.

Notice that everyone in the shop, (Super clean shop) is clean, it's well lit, they probably
make a good wage/hour, and actually enjoy what they do. This is where we're going.
Either get on the program or get out of the way! Our Kids and Grandkids do have a
future in auto mechanics, it's just not the same as we were used to. I'd love to own
a Tesla, but not just yet. This guy has figured out how to become successful.

Notice that everyone in the shop, (Super clean shop) is clean, This guy has figured out how to become successful.

First....with no engine oil or transmission oil, of COURSE it will be clean. No surprise there.
Secondly....Musk is successful at what cost? Did WPC take federal money? Did Ford or GM get subsidies? Did their buyers get tax credits for buying the cars?
No.
Musk has skills but the biggest one is that he has conned the Feds into paying for and supporting HIS dream.

Musk has skills but the biggest one is that he has conned the Feds into paying for and supporting HIS dream.
No kidding SpaceX just got a huge deal to put a man on the moon again.
NOTE: Every one of their launches has blown up so far!
Makes perfect sense you really don't need to produce anything that works and get rewarded.
If I design junk and it doesn't work then.... I'm out of a job.

I don't know about you Guys, but the first time I saw one of Spacex rockets launch,
and then the first stage came back down and landed on a flat barge in the Atlantic
ocean, It brought tears to my eyes! The Russians can't even put a head on a bolt
concentric with the shank, and the Chinese **** blows up and kills people in nearby
towns for Christ's sake. Elon is my Hero. All the other stuff that comes with him
is all "Gravy". I'm glad he's here, and not there! I'm also glad we had Albert Einstein.

I have 8 year old Milwaukee M18 battery drills and still use the original batteries. No problems with them.

Here is what Tesla does with cars with dead batteries. They launch them into space and let the aliens deal with them.

Tesla finally made money. Selling Credits, not Cars. I hope Tesla succeeds. On their OWN. As said, Henry Ford made it on his own. Without tax credits and taxpayers floating the company. It’s called the American Way. Capitalism. Supply and demand. Musk is a smart guy. Hero, walks on water? Nah.

The thing about electric cars that keeps preying on my mind is...I can fill up my truck/jeep/or whatever with fuel, take along some extra gas cans and disappear in the desert or mountains for days....

Can you take a charging station with you? Extra pre-charged batteries? I don't think so Tim.

I feel like that will severely limit my (and many others') personal freedom to spend quality time in the more desolate and unpopulated areas that our nation is so rich with.

Maybe that's what they want?....

Just took the anti-ev on a 3k road trip Only thing in short supply was paved roads. If in an ev, the whole trip would have been planned around charging stations Gas stations were everywhere. On the Reservation, hinterland, all along the Southern Border As they will be for a long time. Now the taxpayers can pay to install the infrastructure too. County lot has charging. GUESS WHO PAID. When Walmart and Costco get them the consumer will pay. Let affluent owners who can afford to drive an expensive gof cart pay for their own goddam charging.

DC796B59-EF9B-483C-8711-9480522C5DC1.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back