• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assembly date of my 68 question....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Guys, my fender tag on my 68 GTX shows B16 as the scheduled assembly date...so , would that be February 16 or November 16. That 68 only decode file seemed to show that was a November build date...just want to be sure...thanks.

A,B,C, is October, November, December. 1 is January , 2 is February. Etc.
So yes, November. You know that is scheduled date, not necessarily the actual assy date, right?

Yes, 33, on the "scheduled assembly date". But don t think I can know for sure the assembly date. But the November 16 date would work for me in trying to collect some close as possible non original parts with casting dates. thanks

Ok, so IF the car was assemble on November 16, that would have been in 1967, correct. I mean, weren't they making 69s by November 16, 68.

A,B,C, is October, November, December. 1 is January , 2 is February. Etc.
So yes, November. You know that is scheduled date, not necessarily the actual assy date, right?

What would August or September '67 be?

You have to realize that back in the day (I'm 72) new cars hit the showrooms in Sept of the previous model year.
So a '68 GTX could be purchased new in Sept of '67.

I believe they actually started production lines in late July or August of the previous year to produce cars for the following model year.

Auto Transport Service
Back