• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At What Age Are We Most Attractive?

Bah the media spins everything nowdays.
Society has spoken for decades on how the two sides interact and at what ages-
Men:
Round one: 22-28. The "young man" viewed for strength and I suppose whatever sexual attributes would coincide with that. Perhaps easier to manipulate due to inexperience. For most men this is their peak physical status for their lives and women of all ages are interested in them for that.
Round two: 40's, 50's, wherever they are still fit for the most part and just starting to turn grey. Now seen as experienced and strong in a different way, accomplished, confident. Size of wallet makes a big difference here. Women seek this man for stability and long term. Still, there are certain physical attributes women are drawn to.
Round three: Old. Women are not attracted to you. They have either been with you for a long time and you are a close friend in retirement or they love your money. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

Women:
Yeah young. Between late teens and late 20's. Personality and maturity are not included in physical traits, but are included in the whole. This is why men are not always turned off by older women- the physical aspects are only one piece of the pie, but are undeniably tied to age. If this was not so there wouldn't be multi-billion dollar industries based on trying to keep people looking young.

Men are ready to find a life partner in their early 20's. Women will be undecided until their late 20's. This fluctuates year to year depending on how our society is functioning but basically women won;t decide what they want until they can no longer exploit their youthful beauty and begin to contemplate what they want and need for the rest of their life. In modern times women have been told they can have a career and be strong and independant, but also told they should be treated like a princess and their man should take care of them. They should have a career and a family also and get to work and also get to stay home and be pampered. And so we see women as single moms going into their late 30's wondering why they can't settle down, why men aren't knocking the door down for them.
Physical beauty has not changed. Women's expectations certainly have, especially of "their man" and society and especially the media are scrambling to cope.
Times really, really did used to be simpler.

Age has nothing to do with it. Your either attractive or your not, it's just the way it is.

Well, we're talking about a couple different things here. Some people are ugly due to bad genetics, but aging is a factor too -

As the fertility runs out, attractiveness fades. Nature wants the seed sewn where the eggs are.

Then there are people who are on a different time table. There was a nerdy, overweight girl in my high school who somehow became smoking hot in college. I remember a couple girls who were top tier up into the freshman and sophomore years getting a bit fugly in the junior and senior years when their noses grew in.

Bah the media spins everything nowdays.
Society has spoken for decades on how the two sides interact and at what ages-
Men:
Round one: 22-28. The "young man" viewed for strength and I suppose whatever sexual attributes would coincide with that. Perhaps easier to manipulate due to inexperience. For most men this is their peak physical status for their lives and women of all ages are interested in them for that.
Round two: 40's, 50's, wherever they are still fit for the most part and just starting to turn grey. Now seen as experienced and strong in a different way, accomplished, confident. Size of wallet makes a big difference here. Women seek this man for stability and long term. Still, there are certain physical attributes women are drawn to.
Round three: Old. Women are not attracted to you. They have either been with you for a long time and you are a close friend in retirement or they love your money. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

Women:
Yeah young. Between late teens and late 20's. Personality and maturity are not included in physical traits, but are included in the whole. This is why men are not always turned off by older women- the physical aspects are only one piece of the pie, but are undeniably tied to age. If this was not so there wouldn't be multi-billion dollar industries based on trying to keep people looking young.

Men are ready to find a life partner in their early 20's. Women will be undecided until their late 20's. This fluctuates year to year depending on how our society is functioning but basically women won;t decide what they want until they can no longer exploit their youthful beauty and begin to contemplate what they want and need for the rest of their life. In modern times women have been told they can have a career and be strong and independant, but also told they should be treated like a princess and their man should take care of them. They should have a career and a family also and get to work and also get to stay home and be pampered. And so we see women as single moms going into their late 30's wondering why they can't settle down, why men aren't knocking the door down for them.
Physical beauty has not changed. Women's expectations certainly have, especially of "their man" and society and especially the media are scrambling to cope.
Times really, really did used to be simpler.
This post struck me as an excellent synopsis, now that I'm pushing 70, and have been with my wife since we were both 21. In my teens I was totally unattractive, with the expected results. Made it to round one in my 20s when I reached my physical prime after working out like a fiend, and saw round two when I reached the executive suite in my 40s, never acted on it, but found it interesting. Wife followed path outlined in the post. Cultural mainstream hot in high school, dated the quarterback. Elegant older woman later, but not mainstream hot.

Now we have long since left mainstream physical attractiveness behind. The good thing is it no longer matters to either of us.

All I can add here is that if one uses MSN for this kind of info, is really very insecure about themselves and that aging gracefully process. It figures though!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I'm going to say the perfect age for a man's physical appearance is 23-25, although there's much more leeway and it's not as important as his status and income. If your ideal is to have a man who can provide for his own family with his own money (now, not sometime in the future, if ever), that man will typically be over 25.
When I was in my mid 30's I still looked like a teen. Even got stopped by a cop one evening because he thought I was under 18 and out past curfew. Oh man, the city got a LOT of flack for that one. They were trying to stop the 'teen' hot rodders and everybody was pissed including parents. I guess it didn't help matters that I was driving my 71 340 Cuda with sassy grass paint with white billboards. The cop was actually somewhat embarrassed about stopping me once he saw my age on the driver's license plus I wasn't exactly a happy camper either but held my tongue. Was pretty sick and tired of being carded when going into a club or buying beer and the 'door keepers' questioning if my ID was fake. Never had a problem finding a date most times though and had been in my second marriage by 35.....but guess that's not saying much lol

I woke up today looking better than I did yesterday :lol:
I did too but did you have an over hang yesterday? :D

Looking at celebrities, I have noticed that as many have aged, their heads got wider. Take a look for yourself. Many that were thin when they were young and were still thin later had slightly larger and wider heads. I noticed this many years ago. The same applies to anyone else, I just noticed it in celebrities since pictures of them are easy to find.
Looking at pictures of myself, I can tell when I peaked in appearance, at least by my own standard.
Here is another thing....Self image is a very powerful thing. The way that we think that we look can be quite different than how we look to others.
When I got my drivers license renewed several years ago, in the picture I looked puffy and my eyes looked squinty. I blamed it on an early morning DMV appointment.....who looks their best early in the morning?
In truth, the picture reflected what I was becoming.

Looking at celebrities, I have noticed that as many have aged, their heads got wider. Take a look for yourself. Many that were thin when they were young and were still thin later had slightly larger and wider heads. I noticed this many years ago. The same applies to anyone else, I just noticed it in celebrities since pictures of them are easy to find.
Looking at pictures of myself, I can tell when I peaked in appearance, at least by my own standard.
Here is another thing....Self image is a very powerful thing. The way that we think that we look can be quite different than how we look to others.
When I got my drivers license renewed several years ago, in the picture I looked puffy and my eyes looked squinty. I blamed it on an early morning DMV appointment.....who looks their best early in the morning?
In truth, the picture reflected what I was becoming.
My second X got wide ALL over!! She doubled her size from when we first met. I realize we all gain weight (or most of us do) over the years but double it?? WTH is up with that crap? It's been over 5 years since I've seen her so maybe she's Twiggy again lol. My first X is half bald now and has what looks like to be a beer gut and is only 65....and was a long tall Sally when I met her.

Three things I remind myself whenever the subject of divorce comes up...

1) beauty is only skin deep
2) the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence
3) better the devil you know

I prefer the term distinguished myself. It's not true, but it's the term I prefer.
:p

Some of us go through an awkward and gawky phase. For me, it was from my teen years to my mid 20s.
Same thing happens with females. The flat chested and skinny teen develops into a curvy and pretty woman in her 20s.
I see young women and am attracted to their appearance but then instantly annoyed by terrible communication skills and their narcissistic habits.
When I was in between wives, I encountered all kinds. Mothers were a conundrum for me. The good mothers were better people but they were a "no-win". A good mother puts her kids ahead of everyone else which places any potential mate further down the list. A bad mother ignores her kids (....and may pay more attention to prospective mates) but is certainly a worse person because of that.
I suspect that we can agree that attractive people get treated better than ugly people. I know that when I wear a suit, I get more positive reactions than I do when dressed for the junkyard.
I've known educated women that "claim" to have an attraction to strong, Alpha type blue collar men.
I've known women that also claim that gray hair is NOT a turn off. I'm not talking about women with Father/Abandonment issues either.
I find it strange that as some men age, women find them much more attractive.
Very few women look better at 50 than 30....if you're looking solely at physical appearance.
Plastic surgery can help or REALLY screw it all up.
Kenny Rogers.
Mickey Rourke.
Wayne Newton.
Simon Cowell. They all looked worse after surgery.
Reba McEntire looks like a cartoon.
Goldie Hawn looks horrible.
Joan Rivers was a joke too.
Have you seen Angela Bassett?

Angela-Bassett-then-now-ss-intro.jpg

Either she is a vampire or she has had an excellent surgeon.

My second X got wide ALL over!! She doubled her size from when we first met. I realize we all gain weight (or most of us do) over the years but double it?? WTH is up with that crap? It's been over 5 years since I've seen her so maybe she's Twiggy again lol. My first X is half bald now and has what looks like to be a beer gut and is only 65....and was a long tall Sally when I met her.

I remember seeing a too-hot-for-me young girl become a little-past-my-limit plumper in only a few months. I mean, she wasn't fat yet, but she was well on the way. The Mexican workers at the El Bracero were digging it.

As a man I find that weight loss is pretty easy, but weight loss while maintaining muscle mass (let alone gaining) is impossible with normal food. I've tried throwing protein shakes at the problem, but it gets to the point where making them interferes with work too much. I can believe the "Liver King" only built his body with the help of $11,000 worth of steroids every month.

Personally I think men are their best looking at 35 to 45. That is if they take care of themselves. In the same regard their are many older guys that have kept up physically and mentally and can be very handsome as well. Maturity, confidence and lifestyle all a lot to do with how you present to another.

For women I’d say of course for me I cant just count physical beauty. I was married to the homecoming Queen my first go around. She turned out to be a horror of manipulation, lying about virtualy everything and about as monogamous as a rabbit on steroids. I saw her a an all school class reunion some 40:yrs since I’d last seen her. Still attractive and seemingly apologetic for her ways back then - of course she could have been lying then too. I’ve had many beautiful gfs over the years between 30 - 50. Most we’re younger and very hot and had a head on their shoulders. They all wanted to drag me to the alter but after that first go around that wasn’t going to happen. That is until I met my current wife. She’s from out of country which automatically gives her an extra 20 pts. Yes shes beautiful and as pure as the driven snow. She’s also quite a bit younger but that’s not my attraction - it’s her whole being. And she will be beautiful as a person and a physical women long, long after I’m gone. 23 yrs together - 17 married. There could simply never be another for me that could reach her ankles.

But on to other women - I find beauty in women of all ages. As a woman ages she can become more beautiful if she continues on the same path I stated above about men. It becomes sort of a regal beauty - a handsome older woman can be very enticing - often the problem is they’ve been around the block and can be bitter about their experiences. Though they are experienced that experience can make them seem jaded and crass. Either that or needy as hell. I can’t stand either of those traits. Sure I still look at other beautiful women but,also,am very cognizant of what I’m lucky to have and would never, ever violate her or put in to play even the remoteness of the wonderful, loving, beautiful bond we have together. It would just never happen. I’m a blessed man and I for damn sure know it.

Ok - I wasn’t even going to post and now I’ve blathered on with enough to fill a chapter in a book. But I’m sticking to it.

I remember driving with my future wife one day. We were in a mall parking lot and she told me to "stop the car", she got out and assisted a senior citizen off the sidewalk and across a crosswalk. That made up my mind for me right then that she was a beauty.

A good mother puts her kids ahead of everyone else which places any potential mate further down the list. A bad mother ignores her kids (....and may pay more attention to prospective mates) but is certainly a worse person because of that.
A mother that places her husband down the list is not exactly a good mother. Most that do that become 'friends' to their children and not so much of a friend to her husband and any parent that is a friend to their children isn't a very good parent to their children. I've been married to two of those kind. Sure if the baby screams in the middle of your 'love making' session I would expect the mom or dad to go see what's up but not for every little whimper. And when the mom smothers the baby in blankets when the house is 74 degrees and the poor kid is sweating their butt off, that raises an eyebrow (both) with me.

My first wife was a 'helicopter mom' and my second wasn't so much but became the kids best friend as they got older and wanted me to always to the 'deed' when it came to discipline and that made me into the 'bad guy' over time. If I didn't do it, it never happened. Man, I lost count of all the times my 2nd wife called me at work wanting me to come home because she couldn't (wouldn't) be a parent to them! Man, if only I knew more about this crap before getting married the first time......there wouldn't have been a 2nd time! Have to hand it to the guys that found their match!

The year an ATM fits in your back pocket

A mother that places her husband down the list is not exactly a good mother. Most that do that become 'friends' to their children and not so much of a friend to her husband and any parent that is a friend to their children isn't a very good parent to their children. I've been married to two of those kind. Sure if the baby screams in the middle of your 'love making' session I would expect the mom or dad to go see what's up but not for every little whimper. And when the mom smothers the baby in blankets when the house is 74 degrees and the poor kid is sweating their butt off, that raises an eyebrow (both) with me.

My first wife was a 'helicopter mom' and my second wasn't so much but became the kids best friend as they got older and wanted me to always to the 'deed' when it came to discipline and that made me into the 'bad guy' over time. If I didn't do it, it never happened. Man, I lost count of all the times my 2nd wife called me at work wanting me to come home because she couldn't (wouldn't) be a parent to them! Man, if only I knew more about this crap before getting married the first time......there wouldn't have been a 2nd time! Have to hand it to the guys that found their match!
Kids are replacements, nothing more. But you still love them and offer help anytime.

Auto Transport Service
Back