• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Wedgie made it to the track

wedge5

Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
Well I made it to the track tonight.
I only got to make 1 run though. I found out that I have a slick rubbing issue so I loaded it up. But the run I did make was a [email protected]
60' 1.526(spun a little) 6.822 1/[email protected] I short shifted from 1st to 2nd because I freaked out and shifted. I let off a little one time about 3/4 track cus it felt like the car was moving around but got back into it. That was straight off the trailer. I didn't mess with anything. I got the car running,took it to tech and ran it. I am going back on Oct 21st so I have some time to fix the slicks rubbing and tune the carbs. Heck I may just get that 10.50

Well I made it to the track tonight.
I only got to make 1 run though. I found out that I have a slick rubbing issue so I loaded it up. But the run I did make was a [email protected]
60' 1.526(spun a little) 6.822 1/[email protected] I short shifted from 1st to 2nd because I freaked out and shifted. I let off a little one time about 3/4 track cus it felt like the car was moving around but got back into it. That was straight off the trailer. I didn't mess with anything. I got the car running,took it to tech and ran it. I am going back on Oct 21st so I have some time to fix the slicks rubbing and tune the carbs. Heck I may just get that 10.50
Nice pass & congrats... I see Low 10's in the near future...LOL.....

It was rubbing where the wheel well and the truck pan connect. The lip that hangs down scrapped a little on the sidewall. Fixed it tonight.

Heading to the track in the morning. I got the tire rub issue fixed so I am off to get that 10.50

Heading to the track in the morning. I got the tire rub issue fixed so I am off to get that 10.50

:iamwithstupid: go haul ***, GOOD LUCK

On my 2nd run I made another [email protected] BUT it all fell apart after that. I added 5 gal. of fuel that I got from the track. My next run sucked but that was my fault. I went from 1st to 3rd but then the car died on the return lane and kept acting like it wanted to die unless I kept my foot on the gas. It died on the line for the next 2 runs after each burn out and my top end MPH was down to 119/117. When I got back to the trailer it died right now when I put it in park.

Do you think I got some bad 110 from the track. The other 10.773 runs were on some 110 I got from my local speed shop.

HemiRunner did you make it to the track and with what?????

We were there with a SBF nitrous car. Last time out, they ran it out of nitrous on top of having converter issues. Got the converter issues fixed, but on the first motor pass, found out it's either got a blown head gasket or a pinched ring.... Your first run looked good. We packed up and left shortly after that.

Congrats on the 10.70's. Very nice indeed ! We would make a good race right now. I hope to get down to 10.50's myself if I ever get to get back to the track. I have only got 7 passes on my eng I put in the car in June of 2011. I never made it to the track this year because of money and health problems. Good luck on your 10.50's. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back