Attention everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Mopar Tech Discussions

1. 69 Runner

69 Runner ADMIN wif a corner office (Deceased - RIP)

Local Time:
    5:32 AM
    Lately I've noticed a real trend of members, newbee and otherwise, to make MULTIPLE POSTS, and hijack someone else's thread with the SAME QUESTION.

There is NO reason for you to post multiple times, and (in some cases) in multiple places.

It's a hard enough job to oversee this forum without dealing with this. So If it persists, these multiple posts asking the same question posted by the same member are going to be deleted. ALL of them.

Please help me and the other Mods and Admin by posting a question ONE TIME, and PLEASE post it in the proper forum.

Thanks

2. GTXperience

GTXperience Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:32 AM
    Tem, you most of seen a few of my posts re: this recently. I think that some believe that if they post basically the same question in different ways, they are going to get more responses. Usually ... it doesn't work that way.

3. 69 Runner

Local Time:
    I know, and they post the same thing in different areas on the forum.

that ain't gonna fly

4. CjVan

CjVan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well, so far i've almost hijacked a thread but no one replied to me so i made a fresh thread to get some answers... Also, If i start a thread with a question and later in the thread sometimes I have a question thats worthy of having its own thread post, so I make it. For instance, my trans kickdown thread (needed parts advise)... later in the thread I asked a question about the trans shift points and got no responce so I made a new thread for that Question and im getting replies now. Hopefully thats ok, I like to make new threads for questions that take my threads in somewhat different direction.

You never know, Someone might glance at the title and ignore a thread that says Kickdown Problems but I might have had another big question inside the thread that this person could have but couldnt answer cause the Thread title was about an area they are not familiar with so why bother clicking on it and reading through 5 or 7 posts to see if they can help. I like to make it easy to help... myself ?

5. ny69ssdave

ny69ssdave Member

Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    WOW! Im new here, (a newbee?) I havent highjacked anyones thread, But I have asked questions. I dont know if they are the same as anyone elses, But If i ask a question, its because I have not found my answer anywhere else.
    I thought shareing info is what its all about. I will apoligise ahead of time incase im bothering anyone. You can let me know personaly

6. 426HemiCharger

426HemiCharger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I guess a search will do, and hijacking a thread is definately out of line ( I should know, and a few others, you know who you are). I think that all the negativity is a :black_eye: to the Mopar hobby.

7. hemistix66

hemistix66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hell I commented about a repop gas tank in a thread and no one has answered.Just figured I was the only one with a special tank.

8. 69 Runner

Local Time:

You missed the point.

9. 426HemiCharger

Local Time:
    I think you mean this, right runner?:

This was from a bodywork thread about someone's customer's 70 Chevelle SS someone else on here posted, to showcase what he does for a living, on the side of Mopars.:no:

10. 69 Runner

Local Time:
    I was asked about that thread. He was told that if people told me they didn't like that on here, that the thread would be gone.

But that wasn't why I started this thread. Please go to the top and read my first post. I think it's pretty self explanatory

11. 426HemiCharger

Local Time:
    OK, I see now, anyways I like the Chevelle thread, if you were wondering.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.