• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autocross

Average Joe

Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
I took the Green monster to my first Autocross/road course yesterday with a friend. What a blast!! I was the only Muscle car there among all the Subarus,Porsches and Corvettes Mostly Subarus.I think the car did really well for being a 18 foot long 4000 pound pig.LOL
My friend was running an all wheel drive Subaru STI wagon. His best time was 57.6 and my best time was a 58.3. I actually think I had a 57 or 56 second run on my final pass but I lost the back end of the car in the slalom and barely saved it before I went into the weeds.Here is a video of one of my runs. This is when I was learning the course.It seems slow on video but still a blast.

Some pics of the event.

13403242_1089392277786243_7774525599407681813_o.jpg 13403294_1089392261119578_8075905252371957713_o.jpg 13411910_1089392201119584_8125706102865829519_o.jpg

Looks awesome too, thanks for sharing

Looks like she's cornering pretty flat too,
noticed a bit of over-steer in the videos, steer with the throttle...LOL
I personally like a bit of over-steer, but it's a fine line
between too stiff in the rear = over-steer & too soft = a bad push
I'll take a bit of over-steer over a bad push...
Loose is fast...LOL

It was so fun! The car actually handles really well for being a big pig.LOL
On my third run I was playing with the cars horsepower through the course. I drifted the car around one of the long sweeping turns and did a big burnout at the start. Unfortunately I didn't get a video of that.
Maybe next time.I should have a GOPro for the next course.

This is great. I hope the drag racer guys see that these cars can turn right and left at speed.

Got a list of what you have done to the suspension

I run a Martz Chassis in this car. Similar to other aftermarket front ends but they are weld in. You have to cut the shock towers out
to put the front suspension clip in.I went with there suspension because of that.I wanted to have as much bracing in the car as possible.I guess I could have put a cage in it and I would have achieved the same.LOL
Here are pics of the front and rear suspension. The front suspension came with a sway bar. The rear suspension didn't.I bought one
from Welder Series that you cut and build to your own specs and I tucked up in front of the axle so I could still get the exhaust through.I run a 3 turn lock to lock rack and pinion on the car.I was going to do the 2.5 lock to lock but realized with the horsepower of the car I felt that slower steering would be better for correcting when I get out of control.

DSC01819.JPG DSC01820.JPG

That looks like quite the setup Glad to see people out enjoying their cars not just trailer queens

Steer with the rear tires or skinny peddle...LOL,
really looks like fun, looks like it corners relatively flat too,
nice job, sounds great too...

how did you end up in the order/times ?...

thanks for sharing

Auto Transport Service
Back