• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autometer Dash w/ gauges for 74 Charger ??

64fury74charger

Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
I tried to find any thread in search and found nothing so I would like to know if anyone has put one of these in and what problems you have run into. My Charger is not a show car and I am still sorting out other wiring issues and the original speedo is not operable anyway.
If this panel fits pretty close and actually works it would solve several issues all at once.

Your experience and information is most appreciated.

Dan

:xscuseless: :luvplace:

DE1F8B80-32B0-4727-9071-BF024B11208C.jpeg 183B7D74-70C9-4F46-B734-90655A6F51AA.jpeg

I used auto meter gauges and a carbon fiber dash to redo the old cracked on in the 69. It’s not a 74 but I bet you may run into some of same issues. Hopefully not..

It was a royal pain in the caboose installing because the metal cluster frame behind the plastic panel needed to be altered to fit the gauges. I used a Dremel and went very slow cause it’s pot metal! I don’t know if you’ll run into the same problems but don’t get rid of a thing until you’re all done with new install! You may need something for the aftermarket systems! But now that it’s in works and looks great!

EF1B208B-3266-4875-B6DF-AC1D9EF55E8F.jpeg

18A309E0-86EC-4715-A4F8-7806337EA12F.jpeg

8184C815-1915-4958-B432-4B3D8103E5C9.jpeg

Good luck!

I used auto meter gauges and a carbon fiber dash to redo the old cracked on in the 69. It’s not a 74 but I bet you may run into some of same issues. Hopefully not..

It was a royal pain in the caboose installing because the metal cluster frame behind the plastic panel needed to be altered to fit the gauges. I used a Dremel and went very slow cause it’s pot metal! I don’t know if you’ll run into the same problems but don’t get rid of a thing until you’re all done with new install! You may need something for the aftermarket systems! But now that it’s in works and looks great!

View attachment 1089517
View attachment 1089518

View attachment 1089519

Good luck!

Your dashboard looks really nice, If I understand correctly you had separate parts and pieces to put it together. This one I am looking at is supposed to be already assembled in a replacement panel and just install senders and wiring. I have considered trying to install just gauges in my original dash, but to me the cost of just gauges and having to gut the entire thing seems like a little more than I want to tackle. I have done extensive work making wiring harnesses and have 2 additional fuse blocks in as well. I know that it’s not going to be easy no matter what I do. This will also help uncluttered the dash as well. Thank you for your help.
Dan

Your dashboard looks really nice, If I understand correctly you had separate parts and pieces to put it together. This one I am looking at is supposed to be already assembled in a replacement panel and just install senders and wiring. I have considered trying to install just gauges in my original dash, but to me the cost of just gauges and having to gut the entire thing seems like a little more than I want to tackle. I have done extensive work making wiring harnesses and have 2 additional fuse blocks in as well. I know that it’s not going to be easy no matter what I do. This will also help uncluttered the dash as well. Thank you for your help
You bet! I hope you don’t have to go through what I did! Almost plug and play would be much better.. if there is anything else I can help with don’t hesitate to shoot me a message.

You bet! I hope you don’t have to go through what I did! Almost plug and play would be much better.. if there is anything else I can help with don’t hesitate to shoot me a message.

The pictures show a complete “drop in” replica of the panel without the radio as it holds the other gauges. The price is not bad when you add up the cost for just gauges. I am going to do some more research and I will try to post some pictures if I decide to do it. Again thank you for your help.:thankyou:

Dan

Auto Transport Service
Back