• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AutoMeter - Great Experience to share!

roadrunnerh

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
In late 2020, I purchased an AutoMeter “Street Tach” ATM-2895 from Summit for my '75 Scamp (I know, an A-Body). However, I did not install the tach until almost a year later. The tachometer was installed/mounted on the A pillar. Within six months, the glass lens and bezel literally came off! I opened the door, and noticed the glass and chrome plastic bezel were on the driver's side floor.
I contacted Summit in 07/2022, told them of the problem. Since the warranty was up, there was nothing they could do - although they did offer me $50 off another tach!
Two weeks ago, I shipped the tach, receipt, and a letter explaining the situation to AutoMeter customer service in Sycamore, IL. They called me last week and gave me options. I called back and actually spoke to a live human being and chose to have mine repaired. Even though the tach was out of warranty, they reattached the lens and shipped it back all free of charge. I re-installed it as soon as it came today and it works as it did. Now THAT'S customer service!
The guy I spoke with told me the tach was made in USA and seemed to indicate they all were made in their huge factory in Sycamore. Regardless, they stand behind their products! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Way to go AutoMeter!

you forgot to post a pic,glad they took care of you. Had a bad shock from Summit and they sent me a new one. Bought the shocks 5 years ago. I was surprised. :thumbsup:

Here ya go...
Scamp dash 1.jpg

Scamp dash 2.jpg

For second there I thought you had it at 5,500 rpm which would be very impressive.

I had that same tachometer. I cracked the glass lens but installed it anyway and used it for almost a year. One day I decided to call them just to see how much they'd charge to repair it...they had me send it back to them and fixed it for free. I made sure to tell them I broke it...usually that's when you get "well we have to charge you since it was installer error.." I had it back in 2 weeks.

Auto Transport Service
Back