• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avoided an accident this morning...

TetanusShot

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Last year, I was on my way to work making a left turn off the main road at the intersection of a side road. An impatient lady passed me on the left side & my fender + bumper got clobbered when I turned. Her insurance paid.

This morning, same intersection, same truck, same turn. I tapped my brakes a couple times first so the car behind me would notice I was slowing down before braking normally. I do that now specifically because of the accident last time. I go to make my turn & take a second glance in the mirror. Sure as $hit, the MF'er is passing me on the left side in the intersection!

I check the turn, avoid the accident, and commence swearing. Looking down, at my turn signal indicator... Oh, it isn't blinking, its burnt out. When I tapped the brakes it looked like I was signalling to go right.

Regardless, its illegal to pass someone at an intersection, I wonder how insurance would have dealt with my burned out bulb though...

Look, im no expert but the burnt out light bulb isn't going to help you.
Im not understanding your post either. If your at a intersection, making a legal turn, you'd be all the way left, how does anybody be able to pass you on the left. Are you saying they served into the opposite lane to pass you?

Look, im no expert but the burnt out light bulb isn't going to help you.
Im not understanding your post either. If your at a intersection, making a legal turn, you'd be all the way left, how does anybody be able to pass you on the left. Are you saying they served into the opposite lane to pass you?

This was at a rural cross roads, there is no designated turn lane. If someone comes up behind you full speed without paying attention they have nowhere to go, its either put it in the ditch or pass illegally. I suspect that could have been the case in the accident last year.

This was at a rural cross roads, there is no designated turn lane. If someone comes up behind you full speed without paying attention they have nowhere to go, its either put it in the ditch or pass illegally. I suspect that could have been the case in the accident last year.
Thats not good and id have to think you must slow down well before you get to a intersection and be constantly looking in your mirror.
Not wanting to start anything, my opinion is cars are to fast, handle and brake so well, people drive to fast and have a false sense of security.
They are as comfortable driving as sitting in their living room and I think often that can lead to distraction.
Serve around a car making a left turn by going around that car on the left, having to enter the on coming lane is insane
I just yesterday took a short road trip to pick up a trans. Im in my truck and I have to use the mirror and spot mirror when turning right. I can look over my shoulder and do but I need to check that mirror and spot. Im signaling to get into the right lane, look, check the mirrors, look again and just start to turn and in the spot I see a small car. This F-ing person came up so fast, passed me on the right, my signal was on. If I hit her I would have put her in a ditch at 60 MPH.... So what does she do and why didn't I see her first? She was driving way to fast over the legal limit and cutting in and out, passing people, no signals, driving like a asshole.
Its not once in awhile occurrence. You drive the highways everyday you will see this every day.
A few weeks ago I was driving the 69, I turned on to a one way street and had my signal on to turn right at the next street. This was a little side street next to a park.... This idiot tries to pass me on the right and squeeze between me and parked cars. I saw it in my side mirror and turned so they didn't have the room to pass, while yelling at them. Mind you we were going slow....I get disgusted lately very easily and just went right home and tucked the car in for the rest of the day.
Be safe everyone

Where I live, we turn left off of the main road, and onto a dirt side road. The first time this happened to me (passed on the left while me making a left turn), I chalked it it up to some idiot in too much of a hurry. Well, the next 5 or six times kinda gets old, so I turn on my signal at least 100 yrds before the turn, slow down, and start applying my brakes (mostly for the brake lights) way before I need to turn, and idiots STILL pass me on the left. One time, a woman tried to kill herself because I was already turning, and she drove right into the dirt on the side of the road, and had to stop her car from fishtailing...

People drive like ********, don't pay attention, and are in too much of a hurry. If you are late, be late, arrive alive, and leave earlier the next time. I think some drivers probably drive like they are playing GTA on their xbox.

So, then why aren't you grabbin licences numbers and reporting it to your local Law Enforcement agency???
Sounds like it's time to get some cameras and start recordin $h!t as they drive!
Why is it everybody goes on the web and rant about stuff like this instead of doing the correct thing and taking it to Law Enforcement????

So, then why aren't you grabbin licences numbers and reporting it to your local Law Enforcement agency???
Sounds like it's time to get some cameras and start recordin $h!t as they drive!
Why is it everybody goes on the web and rant about stuff like this instead of doing the correct thing and taking it to Law Enforcement????

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't know about where you live, around here cops won't do ****..... Hell I have multiple videos clearly showing faces of people stealing stuff, I know where the people live... I present all the info to the cops, I've done their work for them & still they do nothing... You think they will do anything about a traffic incident?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't know about where you live, around here cops won't do ****..... Hell I have multiple videos clearly showing faces of people stealing stuff, I know where the people live... I present all the info to the cops, I've done their work for them & still they do nothing... You think they will do anything about a traffic incident?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Your location tells the story..............................

While there is some truth to that lazy worthless cops are not exclusive to California... Just look at Washington DC.... An abundance of criminals, plenty of cops & no prosecutions......

While there is some truth to that lazy worthless cops are not exclusive to California... Just look at Washington DC.... An abundance of criminals, plenty of cops & no prosecutions......
We have them here in Utah so don't feel like you got a monopoly. My wife got hit in her car by some young hottie (so she says) the car was pulled to the right side of the road and when the wife started to pass the crazy took a left turn right in front of the wife, front facia and fender damage. No one was ticketed …. just let the insurance figure it out and go have a freakin donut for crying out loud.

I wonder how insurance would have dealt with my burned out bulb though...
Around here the insurance company wouldn't care about the burnt out light. The fact that the other car did an illegal pass seals the deal. The other driver will get a ticket based on that. The driver could appeal it saying the incorrect blinker was flashing but without proof it won't work. Been there, done that.

Maybe next time, take your 1/2 outta the middle to give the jackwads behind you something to brake for and not illegally pass!!! But I'm sure that's way to hard for you to comprehend?

BANG ZOOM!!!
What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg

Last edited:
I'm one of the few that don't play that PC crap, I cut to the chase, and take no prisoner's.

Last year, I was on my way to work making a left turn off the main road at the intersection of a side road. An impatient lady passed me on the left side & my fender + bumper got clobbered when I turned. Her insurance paid.

This morning, same intersection, same truck, same turn. I tapped my brakes a couple times first so the car behind me would notice I was slowing down before braking normally. I do that now specifically because of the accident last time. I go to make my turn & take a second glance in the mirror. Sure as $hit, the MF'er is passing me on the left side in the intersection!

I check the turn, avoid the accident, and commence swearing. Looking down, at my turn signal indicator... Oh, it isn't blinking, its burnt out. When I tapped the brakes it looked like I was signalling to go right.

Regardless, its illegal to pass someone at an intersection, I wonder how insurance would have dealt with my burned out bulb though...
Perils of the road I guess. Seems that now days, most operators of vehicles are totally clueless as to the rules of the road. And this applies to all including me. That being said, driver education is now looked and frowned upon because of this damn PC world we now live in. I mean WTF??? Autonomous self driving, computer heads up displays, automatic backing Apps??? I dare say that a lot of us here are of the old school when it comes to how we learned to drive. And don't get me started on the Damn Cell Phones grafted to the ears and eyes of drivers. The Cops still won't try and cite those abusers that continually have them up and running and talking/texting while driving. Where's the common sense??? Not very evident now is it. I get it when it comes to GPS/and directions when going to a place one is unfamiliar with. Great tool to have!!! But when one becomes distracted and immersed in the screen, then all bets are off when it comes to watching and monitoring the road while driving. And to you OP...Turn signal bulb burned out you say??? Do you ever at times check all your lights, oil and coolant levels, etc. on your vehicle? I learned that when learning how to drive and of course when using a Military Vehicle which is a mandatory step prior to even putting the vehicle in gear. Not saying you have to do that every time. But maybe you should be a little more pro-active when operating you own vehicle and then things like the jerk passing on the left when you are planning to also turn left. Just a suggestion is all...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

need to have your head on a swivel

lots of shitty drivers in every state

possibly too many gadgets in cars, including cell phones
& people just in too damn much of a hurry

a shitload of nodrivenivans, all over

Just remember this is a General Discussion forum - No Politics.

Some comments above are getting close to the line.

I've called the police a couple of times over the years out here in da hood (been here since 84) and for the most part, the cops have to catch them in the act. One time the desk said they would patrol the area more and for the most part, the do pretty good but man, traffic is getting worser and worser. I know, no such word as worser.....:D

Auto Transport Service
Back