1. moparsquid

moparsquid FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:14 PM
    was wondering how much torque and power my stock axels can handle I have 65 rear end in my 62 dart would like to take it to the track but don't wanna snap axles . going to use 9.5 slicks with 4:30s on a prepped track?

20170923_133532_023.jpg

2. 33 IMP

33 IMP Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is not in any way a guarantee or suggestion, merely an observation. I raced my 62 savoy with what i think is a 65 8 3/4 with stock axles for many years at pomona , irwindale and lacr. 10 1/2 slicks,gears from 4.56 to 3.91 and others in between. Mid eleven second car, but a very weak 60ft. I never broke an axle but i am nervous enough now, im looking into a dana simply to help protect my 727.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • dvw

dvw Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      5:14 PM
      I've run plenty of 11 second cars on stock 8 3/4 axles. The one that I saw that twisted (didnt break) was on my mid 12 4 speed Challenger. I ran my 11.0 Volare for many years on stockers. They had less than 1 spline of twist when I finally upgraded.
      Doug

• Daves69

Daves69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      4:14 PM
      Heck, you can twist splines in a 12.50 Abody. Find a back up set and rock n roll!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • Cranky

Cranky Banned Staff Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        4:14 PM
        How much power are you running? Stock axles vary but if you are running a spool, then the pucker factor goes up and you need to watch them closer. Doesn't make a bunch of sense but a locked up rear end places a good deal of stress on them. Why not contact Dr. Diff and see what he has. I know he has a higher strength ones available.....

• moparsquid

moparsquid FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        I'm guessing about 550 hp on a 4.30 sure grip rear end with M/T cheeter slicks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.