• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B and C body seat differences.

picklejuice52

Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have recently purchased a 69 Roadrunner post car and it came with a bunch of interior parts, one of which was seat covers for B body bucket seats. Seeing this and the condition of the seats, I purchased all the remaining supplies to reupholster the seats. Low and behold the seats appear to be from a 69 C body, to my dismay.

My question is this, how big of a difference are the seat frames between 69 B and C bodies? I can modify the seat frames to work if I know the general idea of what to change. Ideally I would find a used B body bucket seat set but that might take a while and I would like to finish this out. C body seat reupholstery materials are hard to find so I don’t want to go that direction if I can avoid it.

Any advice, help, or leads on a good set of seat frames would be much appreciated! I am in MD. I may wait for Carlisle if I can as well.

B9AE168F-6D6A-40B0-9B0D-46F0C265E838.jpeg

AD51BFBA-1C6C-43F3-87B4-14C01CEE43D2.jpeg

CC0CCDD1-3B12-4F72-A4C7-D317EEFB5883.jpeg

5D4C1485-D63F-4197-8009-7747E394087F.jpeg

Trying to make those seats smaller is a crazy Idea.
Someone will buy those. Can you put them back together?

go to Carlisle and get the correct seats.

They say 68-69 A & B body are the same seat and different tracks.

Yes, I can assemble the frames and they are in good shape, as well as the sliders. It’s from a 69 C body according to the old cover stamps. I’ll have to set up over on the C body forums and see if there is any interest.

I was lucky enough to find some B -body seats right down the street. I have stripped them and just for everyone's information (obvious), the seat frames are very similar, but not the same. The upper back portion is *slightly* wider, mainly at the top. The pivot arms on the bottom are about 1.5" wider than the B-body. The bottom is also *slightly* wider than the B-body as well. I believe it could be done but as R413 said, its not worth it unless you just want something to do and are up to the challenge.

If the hard parts are in good shape you should have no problem selling black buckets on FCBO.

Fwiw Mirada seats bolted into my 70 fury no issues, used the 70 tracks on them. Same bolt alignment as luck would have it

I'm doing that. For me I have a wide range of choices for most components. I also have one original Satellite seat. Rushing might cost you. I think R413 has it right.

Auto Transport Service
Back