• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-Bodies friendlier than A-Bodies?

66 Sat

Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Serious question. Do you think the folk on B-Bodies are friendlier online than those on A-Bodies?
I think they are. I go onto the A Bodies site occasionally for a look, and apart from being stingier with their likes, they seem much more adversarial than us lot.
Endless arguments about 340 v 360, LA v Magnum etc, much more nasty back and forth bickering.
I like it here, I'm not in the Political Forum which helps immensely, but I feel like we're one big (mostly) happy family.
That's all I wanted to say.

It costs about the same to restore an A-body versus a B-body, yet they are worth less. This makes A-body people an unhappy lot, along with being too cheap to buy a B-body.

:D

I find the a body site starting to turn more into moparts where the gods opinion is all that matters and if you don't agree your attacked.
Have not run into that here yet but I don't post much.

I had a similar experience with E-bodies site, but I just chalked that up to just being in the room at the same time as a couple of jerks. They're probably just like us B body guys - generally a good bunch, but speckled with a few a$$holes.
But the B bodies clan is definitely the best I've ever been a part of.

It costs about the same to restore an A-body versus a B-body, yet they are worth less. This makes A-body people an unhappy lot, along with being too cheap to buy a B-body.

:D
Same on F body. I listed a Volare there a while back. They asked stupid questions like when was the last time the valve seals were changed, what does the license plate mean. etc. I removed the ad after a few days.

Serious question. Do you think the folk on B-Bodies are friendlier online than those on A-Bodies?
I think they are. I go onto the A Bodies site occasionally for a look, and apart from being stingier with their likes, they seem much more adversarial than us lot.
Endless arguments about 340 v 360, LA v Magnum etc, much more nasty back and forth bickering.
I like it here, I'm not in the Political Forum which helps immensely, but I feel like we're one big (mostly) happy family.
That's all I wanted to say.

Honestly, I think all these sites are great and I use them to learn about each type of Mopar cars. I especially like c-bodies because of the talks of how “special” some of those were built. It’s real time and not made up interaction. The Workers at Chrysler did some really interesting designs/features and also some flops.

I had a similar experience with E-bodies site,
I kinda think that it may be "If you don't drive what I drive"kinda thing.
I visit A,B,C and the F bodies pretty regular. If you never mention that you don't have their body style you'll be ok.
Like anything there will always be the 1%ers.I have noticed that some that always have negative post response are few and far between.
FU64RY, When selling that is on all the sites and you just got to take it in stride.I had a car listed for sale, nice car very reasonable price and I got a "That is supposed to have a hood pad". So a hood pad is stopping you from buying a car ? Some people just like being negative all the time.
P.S Your Volare' is right in the ball park. Unfortunately the right person has not come along yet.Wish you were closer,I was tempted.

I joined E bodys because I have a lot of extra parts from my challenger build to sell and introduced myself as such. this last round of answering a few guys want ads there is a guy trolling 2 of my ads by saying I seem to have alot of things people want and also am a relatively new member......does he feel like hes looking out for everyone? Who knows but Im not letting that stop me. Im sure A bodys have the same kinda people and many from this site too. lots of us have one or more of each body car, they are all expensive now to fix or restore. I personally have been doing this since most of these cars could be had cheap or free. some are just getting in the game and think they know everything. I just lt them think that.

Last edited:
I have had many A cars over the years,and still a member there, we all have our hopes and dreams.just saying.

I only go on A bodies just for the /6 section, and even there yeah! I know there some arrogant people here, but this place is a cakewalk compared to there!

been on e bodies and there are some great people there. We have people that know it all on all the sites. Sometimes you need to just let it go.

Geez....all this drama, now days. I remember back in the 70's and 80's, when all the mopar guys were cool, and only hated on brand-X ****. Now, everybody is jealous and petty about anything and everything. That's why I don't belong to clubs and organizations. I like lots of people....dislike many more, now.

...and I don't give a rat's-***. I enjoy my life [always have], and never cared about what people think of me.

it's a Goldilocks situation.......... A's have an inferiority complex, and E's are too snobbish....... you B body guys are just right

I am really a C body kind of guy. I prefer the big body chryslers. I decided to join b bodies because there are just so many knowledgeable guys on this forum. Seeing as how i am still in the asking not answering questions phase of my life, i ended up here.

I've enjoyed learning from guys, who know way more than me, on both FABO and FBBO for years. The vast majority of folks on both sites are really cool people. I own and value both body styles, and dream of scooping up a clean C Body again someday. FABO seems to have more young participants, probably due to cost of getting into the game.

:drama: Seriously Im a member of both FBBO and FABO, i joined for the knowledge that both sites have to offer.Both sites have helped me imensly in my big block A-body project :thankyou:FBBO & FABO

I haven't made a comment or post on FABO since last October, but yet I was on given a vacation during the month of March, What's up with the Narcissist person/Mod that did that??

Auto Transport Service
Back