• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body Bucket Seat Track Question

roadrunner57

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
I have two sets of bucket seat tracks, but the heights are different. Is this correct? Were there different heights for different cars?

The one on the left is from my 70 RR I think. The one on the right was said to be a 68 or 69.

IMG_0001.JPG

remember?? Hell I just learned two new things!!!! I guess I need to search for the shims. Any idea where one could find them?

inboard and outboard can be different

On my 73 the inboard is higher like yours, the outboard is much lower, no "C" profile at all.

Those very well could be correct for your car. I've only had 69's and 70's, but both those years have one rail taller than the other. You know anyone with a car put together you could compare them to?

Yup. Did the bucket seat tracks for my ‘70 Coronet this year. 1970 is a one year only deal. And they are different heights. But the seats are universal. I had a pile of five seats from three different cars, three different years. The seat frames were identical. The foam and tracks are different.
You can make the spacers out of almost anything. Ehrenberg, who’s opinion I respect, says to make them out of plywood with a hole saw. Paint them black, or as he suggests, cover them in heat shrink.

How tall is the OP?

I'm 6'3" with a long spine.

The first thing I do after getting a new vintage Mopar is remove those dang spacers!

I know the rails are different height on the 71 Charger seats too. I picked up a set at Nationals a few years back, and thought it was odd at the time... odd, but true.

I just pulled mine out of a 69 Charger, painted them up. Mine are different heights s you can see for inner versus outer, painted them up and ready to go back in.

VCCP5460[1].JPG

These were the shims I had in the car, I was shocked. I bought new ones from Classic Industries, just arrived today. Roadrunner 57, I see a shim on some of your studs in the pic you posted.
WECH2238[1].JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back