• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body front end cart?

moparmusclecars

Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
Are most of you making a dolly from the front end of the B bodies when you pull the K Member to roll it around? If you are buying them, where are you getting them from? I am going to pull my K member for building, and need to probably make one so i can still roll the body around. Thinking of going with larger rubber air filled tires, too. Maybe the ones from Harbor Freight.

UScartool.com is where you can get a K dollie unless you are crafty etc to mke your own

I made mine, was a project in itself! probably spent $200 on the materials.
Resized_20180223_082315.jpeg
20171008_130422.jpg

Resized_20180223_082315.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s what I built. Flat plate that bolts to the bumper bracket mounting holes. Weld the plate to square tube welded to Harbour Freight caster wheels.

756276E6-635A-4FBC-825A-42786C840DB2.jpeg

Here’s what I built. Flat plate that bolts to the bumper bracket mounting holes. Weld the plate to square tube welded to Harbour Freight caster wheels.

View attachment 800192
I did the same with scrap metal I had laying around, but I went with 7 or 8 inch wheels. Figured it would move around easier than with small ones.

If you're building it to roll the engine/trans/k-member around, just keep in mind that it has to be low enough to roll under the car for assembly - you don't want HUGE casters on it. Just how often do you plan to move the thing anyway ?!?!

I did the same with scrap metal I had laying around, but I went with 7 or 8 inch wheels. Figured it would move around easier than with small ones.
Yeah bigger wheels are the way to go. I wish I had went with ones with tires so I could at least roll it outside some. These keep you confined indoors for sure haha.

The OP is referring to a cart to mobilize his K member/engine/trans as a whole unit. Not the rolling shell.

I read it wrong too...for moving the body around I just bolted 2 steel beams to the front bumper mounts and attached trailer jockey wheels. It was easy and I could raise it up and down.
20170810_070529.jpg

Haha very well could be. I’ll guess we’ll drum roll and wait for the OP to comment and clear things up.

OP talked about one thing,then ended up talking about both

I make carts for everything. Body, engine, trans, K frame, rear end, etc. I'm always taking stuff apart and moving it around and putting it back together so having some carts on hand makes it easy.
DSC_2296 (Large).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back