• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body or E body ?

Purepony

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
So I had my challenger since 2004 and it’s been a cool car and all but didn’t really do much for me as far as mopar but now that I have an b body I’m really excited and in love with the car.
I really didn’t think I’d be this excited about this car and I really wish someone would have told me it was this fun to own a big mopar.

which do you prefer ?
If I have to pick I think I’d pick a b body over an e body.
More room, practical. Has a trunk yeah the value might not be as high as a cuda but who cares I’m not selling it

66-67 B bodies #1
68-72 B bodies #2
67-69 A bodies #3
Convertibles and E bodies really not interested unless they are super cool.

A nice challenger or cuda is cool but i'm more of a mid size guy also.
Not too big, not too small - just right!

That said a 71 cuda or 69 camaro for example would be nice to fit in those tight parking spaces...

66-67 B bodies #1
68-72 B bodies #2
67-69 A bodies #3
Convertibles and E bodies really not interested unless they are super cool.
Agreed before this car I would have disagreed with you

A nice challenger or cuda is cool but i'm more of a mid size guy also.
Not too big, not too small - just right!

That said a 71 cuda or 69 camaro for example would be nice to fit in those tight parking spaces...
Lol I have a 69 camaro with an ls swap and o rather drive the b body

I like that I can fit a cooler in the trunk and have a console I can use. Love my satellite !

I've owned at least one Challenger continuously since around 1976, a Hemi, a couple Six-packs, a T/A, Convertibles... I've also owned a few Charger R/T's & a Road Runner... I've always loved my Challengers, they fit me.. B bodies generally I find a little bigger then I like, yet strangely I spent some time driving a C body & found it exceptionally nice to cruise in.... But I'd just reworked the suspension & brakes and it drove amazing... So far all the B bodies I've owned were just used cars with all original 100K suspension... When I get my Coronet R/T vert on the road maybe it'll be the car that makes me love a B body....

I've owned at least one Challenger continuously since around 1976, a Hemi, a couple Six-packs, a T/A, Convertibles... I've also owned a few Charger R/T's & a Road Runner... I've always loved my Challengers, they fit me.. B bodies generally I find a little bigger then I like, yet strangely I spent some time driving a C body & found it exceptionally nice to cruise in.... But I'd just reworked the suspension & brakes and it drove amazing... So far all the B bodies I've owned were just used cars with all original 100K suspension... When I get my Coronet R/T vert on the road maybe it'll be the car that makes me love a B body....
Hmm i forgot about the c bodies. I’ve caught myself looking at those too

You’ve had a lot of mopars what keeps you with mopars ?

My 70 340 4spd swinger is a blast to drive, looks great too...but....there's something about my 68 coronet that keeps me in the drivers seat more than anything. I guarantee I drive it 5 times as much as I do the dart!
When I have the room I'll have a 69 and 70 coronet to match, the body lines on the 68-70 I really like.
And as far as being "Big" cars, maybe next to a Honda civic or Ford focus yes but having the dart and coronet side by side in my garage the coronet is roughly half a foot longer than the dart, that's it! It is a bit wider though!

I like em all.. I’ve driven a bunch and each has their own attitude and appeal.ABCE even the F can fit in there . Yep because each one is part of history .. I still want an old 20s DB car to enjoy..Fin cars are awesome too..

I have one of each, A 71 challenger convertible which found me in 87. And a 64 sport fury that I saved from a friends backyard in 09. love them both.

I remember when the 1970 Challenger's came out. I thought, "Great! Dodge is making Camaro's!" . E-body's have never done anything for me. Just my personal preference. Current prices on them reflect that a lot of people do like them.

E Bodies, especially when decked out in a high impact color, stripes, shaker, etc. are real nice to look at, but they are just not as comfortable to drive as a B body is.

I'm not to much of an E or an A body fan. I'll take a B or a C any day though.
I am also considering a wagon for my next build, 1970 + or -

I sold my E body 70 Cuda years ago, don't really want one again....I got 2 B bodies now and I'd take another, just like them big ol' coke bottle bodies better.

I have had E,B,A and even F body cars. I currently have an E (71 Challenger) and an A (75 360 Duster). My A body is alright to drive, the Challenger is fun but, I feel B bodies are just more comfortable to drive than the others.

Really? This doesn't do anything for you?
FB_IMG_1620009396179.jpg

I do have to say that I have a little bit of trouble squeezing into it. Have do gymnastics to get over the door bar of the cage and my head is really close to the roof being 6'4.

I have lots more headroom in my charger.

And that's with factory buckets, not low mounted racing seats.

I love them all.
A-Bodies are actually the most practical cars, good size, great performance with a 340 and 4 speed. I especially like 68 Barracudas, 70 Swingers and 70-72 Dusters and Demons.
E-Bodies. Great looking cars, nice size for fitting in the garage or parking, can handle nice with their width and shortness. Feel a little "weak" to me, like you can't drive them through a brick wall if needed.
B-bodies. These are the quitessential "muscle car" to me. They're big enough to cruise around with 3 of your 6 foot 225 lb friends and hunt for chicks. And if you have to drive through that brick wall, the car feels like it can handle it. They are a little big for the garage or todays parking spots though. My personal preference is 71 B-bodies as I like how they feel on the highway the best but I'm down with anything 62-79 actually.
C-Bodies. Underappreciatted but great cars. It goes back to my Dad owning them when new and working construction all over the province. At the end of the week Dad would wheel those things 80MPH to 120MPH on our 2 lane highways and cut hours off the commute time home. That's still how I see those cars today, at speed on a 5 or 6 hour jaunt that lesser cars beat your body up for 8 hours.

B bodies first, then maybe an a or c body car. While I like E bodies they would be my last choice due to high cost and how widely popular they are.

Auto Transport Service
Back